Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 PM

Default No resolution for logged strike issues?

After having purchased Strike twice: the original 1.0 and again in the Instrument Expansion, I am wondering why there still has been no update to address the midi export drift issue, the issue with fills not playing correctly in compound time signatures or any of the other issues with strike and compound time signatures...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 PM

Default Re: No resolution for logged strike issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIFXS8MINE View Post
midi export drift issue
The exported Strike Performance to Timeline has been addressed on the DUC.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 AM

???

I am speaking of Avid fixing the software. I have no idea what you're referring to. Yes, it has been addressed to no avail in the duc forum. It still has not been addressed in the form of a software fix. Attempting to use these exports in another DAW is a nightmare. And, compound signatures do not play well when PT is set to compound time. This is counter-intuitive, counterproductive, and counter, well I can't think of another one.

My question is how long before it is fixed. I cannot record 6/8 patterns in 4/4 time in PT and export in 6/8 time to another DAW, especially adding in the drift issues...
Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 PM

Use another program.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Seriously? Why not just not post since you are not a representative of Avid and can add nothing constructive? My post stood on it's own merit.

I'm not in a mood to joke since, I've spent several hundred dollars on this product. These are advertised features not working as advertised.

To use another program, I'd have to spend even more money to purchase something that does not do what Strike is purported to do. Then again, Strike doesn't even do what it's purported to do...
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM

What a prepubescent why of thinking. Don't tell me you smash your keyboard when you don't get your way, jump up and down, then throw yourself to the floor. Strike has been like that for years, some of these issues have been addressed by AIR here on the DUC and all your jumping up and down isn't going to change a thing. If you really feel that strongly about the lack of functionality that you need to do your work, seriously, get another programme, cause it ain't going to be fixed tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:52 AM

What I have told you is to please move on and post elsewhere. You've added nothing constructive and apparently, you are looking for a fight with your insults. No one is jumping up and down, smashing keyboards, sigh... I am tired of dealing with you...

The program should work as advertised. Since there is no demo to preview, the only option is to purchase based on documented features, which I have done. I want what I paid for, and I have been told on more than one occasion that a fix was coming. I still haven't seen it.

Finally, it really is juvenile to continue to post when, as expressed, it is entirely unwanted and un-welcomed. dude. Move on... Go 'not help' somebody else...
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM

Boo hoo.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:01 AM

yes, the midi-export bug is very annoying and it´s a shame that avid doesn´t fix it

as a workaround I use the time-compression/expansion tool

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ