Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 AM

Default Some Beginner's Questions

I'm just starting out on the big protools adventure, and what I want to go with is the Mbox2pro LE. Now I just need to figure out which Mac would best go with it. I'm guessing that I'll save a lot of money if I go for a desktop. But which one? Anybody have some good advice?

Is it possible to buy the two items as a package all set up and ready to go? Or is there no advantage in doing this?

What problems can I expect to encounter in the first couple of weeks?

Will I be needing to come here to solve problems on an ongoing basis?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Some Beginner's Questions

U should read around here 1st as the DUC terms suggest; u'll be able to answer ur own questions & a lot more for the most part...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 03-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Yeah. I know that's the theory.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Hi Peter,

Get the best mac you can afford. Ultimately a mac pro will give you the best performance, especially when it comes to hard drives, ram and CPU.

The best advice i can give is that make sure you run a compatible setup, i.e. a supported mac, supported OS, supported pro tools version and compatible plugins.

Provided you have the above then you should be pretty much there, you may need to come to the DUC for the odd hickup but nothing major and you'll pretty much guarantee somebody else has had the same issue and can point you in the right direction.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Any mac intel duo core should run PT Mbox2 pro very well. The problems arise when things get connected wrong, or settings need to be tweaked.
All the problems that arise on here that you read about, are usually isolated incidents. Fortunately, most of these incidents have occurred to others, so answers to the problems are posted and searchable, getting you through.
This forum is a lifesaver, and youll find yourself coming here to troubleshoot before problems arise, learning how to go about things the right way, or the way it has worked for so many others.
Dont get worried, because in most cases the system should hook up and work correctly right out of the box. But computers and their hiccups being what they are, anything can happen at any time.

Good luck! Stay positive!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM

http://www.sweetwater.com/ will sell you a setup that works and meets all specs.
You pay a little more for the service but it works.

I am a customer only.