Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 09-04-2008, 01:02 PM

Default Re: playback looping error

Same here. When the Nvidia Video board share the IRQ with the DSP this thing happens.
This is the first system that I built with NVidia. I'm considering to switch to an ATI Video card. Perhaps the driver is more friendly to the Digi card.

Ric
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
When the Nvidia Video board share the IRQ with the DSP this thing happens.
How are you testing that?

It would be good to know if you were able to reproduce this by creating an IRQ sharing situation...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM

What I did was: disabled the video board and then PT works perfectly.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 AM

I have the same problem the firewire 1394 was sharing a irq and the second marvell yukon pci ethernet was sharing.I turned them off will see if that works.My video card is on it's own irq that what i thought it was.
Phil
Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmworld View Post
it´s an IRQ-sharing problem.

some or at least one slot shares the IRQ with the graphics-slot. therefore pro tools cards can have a conflict and pro tools pops/clicks/loops when you´re scrolling inside the mixer or just turn a knob.

for system with 2 graphics-slots it´s worth to try the second (often the lower) graphics slot for the graphics card.

or you re-attach the pro tools cards.

i recommend to start with the core card from the lowest slot continuing upwards.

and attaching the interface to the last (highest) non-core-card. the flex cable starts at port A on the core card, to port B on the Accel/Process card and so on for other cards...
I thought the interface cale to the 192 or 96 must be conected to the core card.Are you saying connect it to the last process card in my machine if so how can that help?

Digi Tech Support?

Phil
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Ghost View Post
I thought the interface cale to the 192 or 96 must be conected to the core card.Are you saying connect it to the last process card in my machine if so how can that help?

Digi Tech Support?

Phil
i tried 3 pcix cards in different workstations. and if there was a problem/loopback/dae error, changing the digilink and flex cable to the last accel/process card fixed the problem or was much better to work with.

i also noticed, that the core card should mostly start from the lowest pci/pci-express slot and connecting accel/process cards upwards.

when you encounter problems, check irq-sharing problems first.

2 pt-cards shouldn´t share the same irq. the core-card and the second accel/process card should have their own irq. third accel/process cards surprisingly share irqs without a hitch.

for those who work with one screen only i have another important bug-fix. modern graphics-cards have two outputs. simply go into the system-manager, go to graphics-card and deactivate the second (unused) graphics output.

and please stay away from "auto" settings in your pc´s bios. especially auto-tweakers, auto-overlockers and stuff like that. disable those features or change them to manual. with most motherboards you don´t need to set more than disable/manual. it will set the spd settings automatically and fix them.

disable the cpu virtualization function, thermal function (TM) and intel speedstep.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:14 PM

My problem ending up being an IRQ conflict. The core card was sharing the same IRQ as my video card. I uninstalled all the hardware and and turned off any hardware that I wasn't using in the bios. I think reinstalled all the hardware (I installed the core card first to ensure it got assigned a low IRQ due to the fact that the low IRQ aren't shared, IRQ 1-9 I believe). To get windows to reassign the IRQ I also had to disable ACPI power management within the bios. Since everything has been reinstalled and the core card is on a low IRQ number I've had no problems. Its been about two weeks since I got it fixed.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 AM

I'm experiencing something similar.

Listen to this.

http://www.lydhodene.com/pro_tools_bug.wav

The bug appears before I press stop. It sounds like a buffer that is being "emptied" to me.
It appears randomly in different sessions, and disappears if I shutdown the computer, and start it up again.

There is no shared IRQ between the DIGI card and the others.

However the card is not on the lowest slot. Should I move it?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 AM

exactly the sound i get on my machine. wicked distortion. it would be great if we could get to the bottom of this.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 AM

In my case it shouldn't be a mobo problem since the computer is certified by DIGI.