Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-27-2009, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Went back to 8.0 cs3, smooth sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Again, a misguided (misinformed) evaluation - we are NOT like any other DAW. There are fundamental differences, as you can see.
Of course you are different. But lok at it from client perspective - who cares, how you deal with problems? It works or not, period. And notice, that this is what you have written: AS YOU CAN SEE. Now for me and others reading that thread this means: "other works, uor not, as you can see". Sorry, for someone with cash to spend you are in second line.
I understand differences between real-time engine vs. a block processing one, in fact I'm with digi from Session 8, so I now something about configuring PC to work. I understand that you may have problems, I can live with it, there is always solution (not using 8.0.1 for example), but look at it from distance - it cannot work that way.

Quote:
In this case, however, I highly doubt we're going to revert to previous behavior. Knowing we fixed what could be a problem for some, at the expense of exposing systems that are not configured as well as they could be, is a decision I think we can live with.
Your solution is not good. You could make it other way - check box in prefs, app for diagnostics, window popping ONCE or any other way than preventing 20k machine from playing stereo file.

Quote:
Where in Eastern Europe are you, exactly?
Poland.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 AM

Yea yea

that's cool guys..

I have a total clone system here and we can swap from 8.0 cs3 to 8.1 in moments.

All is fine

Just don't send the guys from pac pro audio. Frankly they have no idea at all what's what with your products, Even though they may be ok for the average user, I am far past their staff as fare as end thee user goes here. :

Its all good.... just email me direct and lets get out of this thread guys

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 10-27-2009, 07:57 AM

digi we are coming down hard on you because its always something with this software. after being down for 2 months as in not being able to work, i was furious........... digitech, i hope you can understand this???????

i've been doing all i can to try and solve this problem,especially with the help of ghengis.

i also said in a previous post.. i know how to get rid of the 6031's and the pops and clicks on my system i've been running stable for weeks now not a single 6031 or pop and click. please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this, maybe it will lead to finding the answer
Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
i also said in a previous post.. i know how to get rid of the 6031's and the pops and clicks on my system i've been running stable for weeks now not a single 6031 or pop and click. please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this, maybe it will lead to finding the answer
This is a perfect example of what I'm referring to - that the fault lies in configuration of the computer.

If you would detail what you've done to fix the problem here on the DUC, it would benefit everyone else that's experiencing this, as well as others that may come across this in the future. If I recall correctly you had several outdated or incompatible plug-ins installed, yes? And removing at least one of them (Kore 2?) the errors went away.

Or were there other changes made to alleviate the errors?

Guys - I'm not trying to argue. I know you just want 'satisfaction', but I have to deal with the reality of the situation - that it's going to be difficult to convince engineering that we take the time to 'work around' these problems, rather than working with you to identify what about your system is causing the extended interrupts.

With that said - I'm doing all I can to make everyone happy.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:20 PM

kore 2 controller driver that i uninstall then reinstall. the same driver is reinstalled

also its not as simple as you make it out to be as in, its our computers. there are other things going on

i'm not looking for satisfaction as to say i'm right,your wrong. i'm looking to get to the bottom of this for myself and everyone else having these problems
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM

dts i see its been a while since my previous post in this thread. i was just rereading what you said about me having outdated plug ins or drivers............... i never said that. i mentioned that i uninstalled my kore2 controller driver then*********** REINSTALLED THE SAME EXACT DRIVER*************

(not shouting just trying to emphasis) i understand your in a tough position,not trying to argue
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 AM

And i have heard nothing from Digi.

I voted at www.deardigi.com