Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM

Default how do i re register?

im registered with pro tools, and am allowed to use this forum on my pc, but i cant seem to register the product on my mac, cuz i dont know my serial number, etc......is there a way i can transfer being registered on my pc, to my mac.....is my serial number and stuff available to me here, so that i can register with my mac?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 AM

Default Re: how do i re register?

Don't quite understand your questions/problems.

What do you mean you are registered with PT? Do you mean you have your version of PT registered with Avid? Do you mean you're registered in the sense you can use this forum? Those are two completely different things. Being registered on one doesn't mean you are registered on the other. And once you are signed up for this forum you can access it from any computer connected to the net - it doesn't even have to be your own computer but someone else's.

And you not only have to register your PT with Avid but you must also have an iLok account. It would be a good thing to start the iLok account before registering PT with Avid.

You can register PT with Avid and do the iLok thing from any computer, pc or Mac. Once you are registered you can do the install on any computer - you don't have to register again. All you need is the license asset on your iLok.

How can you not know your serial number? Didn't it come with however you got PT? It might have come on a card, piece of paper, maybe even on a pre-registered iLok.

There have been some instances of browser incompatibility with the iLok site and being on a Mac or pc doesn't seem to make a difference. Certain versions of Firefox can cause problems on either platform.

QAPLA!