Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 AM

Default Roland EV-5 Exp Pedal range not 100% 0-10

I've tried resetting the memory and setting the pedal to the EV/FV Series on the dial from the external footswitch settings, doing toe/heel calibration with the dial as instructed by the roland pdf manual and also doing the heel/knee calibration on the 11R, but the range for exp pedal is still off either end by 3 positions up or down. Any help to fix this and get it working from 0-10? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Roland EV-5 Exp Pedal range not 100% 0-10

Like yourself I also recall having to recalibrate the Roland for general use many times, although in my instance the problem could have been the bottom adjust knob didn't seem to stay in the same position.

As I formerly mentioned in this forum I had a poor experience with my Roland EV-5 with a different issue - it caused and emitted a high pitched awful squeal toward the end of the pedal travel when I used it to transition between some effects within a rig. I sent the pedal back to Roland to get it checked out and it checked OK - so I returned the Roland to GC and got the M-Audio EX-P for much less money and the M-Audio has worked perfectly - no squealing weirdness. Bottom line you may want to ditch the Roland and try out the M-Audio, mine has worked great.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 AM

Either that or settle for a 'Wa' or 'ah' pedal.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:34 AM

My M-Audio EX-P stopped working today and so I fired up an old Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal and I like it much more than the M-Audio. It sets up as an expression pedal with a Y cable consisting of (2) 1/4" males and (1) 1/4" stereo female. Run the two 1/4" males to the in and out of the pedal (I have more stable results running Tip to IN and Ring to OUT) and then a TRS 1/4" cable runs from the female stereo of the Y to the input of the Eleven Rack. To work correctly (getting both the Wa and the ah) it must be calibrated in the Eleven Rack as an EP-11 pedal type.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_g View Post
I've tried resetting the memory and setting the pedal to the EV/FV Series on the dial from the external footswitch settings, doing toe/heel calibration with the dial as instructed by the roland pdf manual and also doing the heel/knee calibration on the 11R, but the range for exp pedal is still off either end by 3 positions up or down. Any help to fix this and get it working from 0-10? Thanks.
You may be doing this already but just to be clear you do *not* want to "calibrate" the EV-5 using the useless/stupid minimum volume knob as described in the Roland manual. Just turn that knob all the way to the extreme that provides the most resistance range (ie knob fully rotated to lowest minimum volume-even if it does not appear to change what the eleven rack sees when you do this) and then calibrate the pedal on the Eleven Rack.

Darryl
Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 PM

I realised it will only show 0 - 8.7 or 3.4 - 10 on the 11R interface until you press 'save' after the toe - heel calibration and then it works 100 %. U were right, the 11R calibration works better than the manual. Thanks.