Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2003, 06:06 PM

Default to Brad Lyons did Mach 5 ship yet?

Hi Brad,

Did Mach 5 ship yet? I see it advertised on the Sweetwater website? Also has anyone used it in ProTools yet?

Any commetns will be appreciated thanks!
www.hitproductions.net
Old 05-27-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: to Brad Lyons did Mach 5 ship yet?

No, not yet....but soon. When it comes to software, it's here when it's here if you know what I mean I can tell you the amount of copies that have been pre-sold (while I can't give you these exact details) have absolutely blown me away of just HOW much anticipated this software has for it. I've never seen anything so popular before its release..... as far as using it in ProTools, yes I have....very nice!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:07 PM

Hey brad...........does anyone ever get on your ass about being a salesman in these forums? Not saying I am, I just keep running into those types that think sales people are from hell.......... just curious.

later
Old 05-28-2003, 04:08 AM

Thanks Brad! Will be looking out for it!
www.hitproductions.net
Old 05-28-2003, 05:34 AM

Digidude,

All the time, but I'm not a Salesman.... I'm a sales professional and there is a HUGE difference. My background comes from 10 years of doing heavy production, making records, doing work for television and radio, touring, etc... so I'm not a newbie that decided to just "sell" gear. I have been using ProTools for about 3 years now, but I also use virtually everything else you can think of so I know how product A compares to product B etc. There are many places where one can purchase their equipment in addition to Sweetwater. I use my signature to show where I come from so that others know my insight. I present things as I see them, black and white basically and do not sugar-coat things. I'm not afraid to say I don't like a product, likewise I'm not going to say I like a product just to sell it. That wastes my client's time and mine.... I like to think I offer valuable information here and learn just as much.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:19 AM

I know what you mean, I just express thoughts about how A vs B is and let them deciede for themselves........I just call it "being real".

later
Old 05-28-2003, 08:20 AM

I know what you mean, I just express thoughts about how A vs B is and let them deciede for themselves........I just call it "being real".

later
Old 05-28-2003, 06:37 PM

hey brad, what are some of your favorite mic pres latley?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:21 PM

Kontakt is a great application that will basically function in the same manner as a softsynth. Kontakt is very powerful and highly compatible with many different software environments. Kontakt will also run as a stand-alone sampling environment where Mach5 will not, at least initially. I think where Mach5 is going to shine is just how many formats it will read and how painfully simple it is to use. I think either way to go is fine, it's going to become preference of the user. But I do think that ProTools and DP users will be more comfortable with Mach5...

As for the mic-pres, now that is a change of subject It depends on what it's for... what microphones are being used, what features, etc. I'm a huge Focusrite and Manley fan though if that answers any questions.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 AM

So how does Mach 5 compare to Kontact. I know that Kontact isn't on OS X/PT 6 yet, but I'd be interested in hearing some kind of comparison.