Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 PM

Default New Studio Pics with my new 003

Sorry for the lame url but it will be another week or so for the web site to be finished. So if you can stand to go to a myspace url check out www.myspace.com/brentwilloughbyproduction I would love some feedback!

Also not that it realy maters but I have been here since 01 under the name KroNEe, never had much to say but have soaked up the knowledge like a sponge. This is my first atempt at a comercial studio, so far so good! Love to hear back from people on the new studio, it isnt the best but it is the next step up for me!

Brent Willoughby Productions
Kinetic Recording Studios
Orlando FL
Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: New Studio Pics with my new 003

over 100 views and no comments, humm, Guess I will repost when the website is finished. I did'nt think the myspace link would go over well here, Just excited to show of the new studio to the DUC and get some feedback. As for the few who contacted me on myspace, thanks,

Brent
Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 PM

I looked and thought it looked very organized. I was spending my time looking to see what gear was there and got so caught up with that that I forgot to give any feed back. I'm just curious about the two sets of near field monitors. Is this for A-B listening? The reason I ask is, usually I see folks using only one primary set of good near fields and then adding either mid fields or a completly different set of small speakers to hear how their mixes sound on imperfect car or bookshelf speakers.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 08-27-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I looked and thought it looked very organized. I was spending my time looking to see what gear was there and got so caught up with that that I forgot to give any feed back. I'm just curious about the two sets of near field monitors. Is this for A-B listening? The reason I ask is, usually I see folks using only one primary set of good near fields and then adding either mid fields or a completly different set of small speakers to hear how their mixes sound on imperfect car or bookshelf speakers.
Yes, they are for A/B The Adam PA1's are totaly different sounding, kind of got that small speaker sound. And The Mackies are going back to Studio B and a set of KRK VXT8's are going in on stands so I have a little more stereo spread and less clutter on the desk. Thanks for commenting.

Brent
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Hey Brent...

The studio looks great, congratulations!!! It is never easy getting something like this off the ground... so, you should be proud of yourself...BUT REMEMBER... a great song is a great song recorded on a cheap cassette player...NEVER, believe that GREAT GEAR will substitute for a GREAT SONG.. Keep perfecting the songwriting and pay close attention to "MELODY" !!
This good will lecture is for all of my fellow musicians... GOOD LUCK, and work hard!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Dude! How's your neck?
Your chiropractor must make a fortune off you.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM

This aint my first rodeo, I have been a certified engeneer since 1991 at A.R.T.I. Orlando, I have been writing and playing for all most 20 yr. I Have a wife 3 kids 10, 5, and 4 mo. old. I work in IT during the day because it pays well, and I am in a band and then I record other peoples stuf too... But all that aside you are %200 percent correct, and Live by that very moto. Its been a long ride..........

Peace and thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quote:

Hey Brent...

The studio looks great, congratulations!!! It is never easy getting something like this off the ground... so, you should be proud of yourself...BUT REMEMBER... a great song is a great song recorded on a cheap cassette player...NEVER, believe that GREAT GEAR will substitute for a GREAT SONG.. Keep perfecting the songwriting and pay close attention to "MELODY" !!
This good will lecture is for all of my fellow musicians... GOOD LUCK, and work hard!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 PM

HAHA my neek is wonderfull. I am 6'1" and was crouching down when I took the Pics. Good one though
Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Congratulations on the new studio!

The wall (absorbers?) behind the kit is really good looking!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on the new studio!

The wall (absorbers?) behind the kit is really good looking!

Thanks man, It took forever to lay that out. Aurelex.com has some new products out and this is one of them. They are called Audio Tiles, they can acomplish broadband absortion, difusion, reflection (Depending on how you lay them out on a reflective surface and create holes if you will) and just look cool. I took a example design from the install guide and turned it into my own thing. It is defentaly like puting a puzel together, lots of options both functional and fresh looking for foam.

They have knock off wood defuser paneles with the veriable hight blocks randomized, becoming a new fad in difusers. to expensive for me but I have already thought of a way to make them my self but it would take a alot of time.