Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-02-2020, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Avid Control in Mixer mode to follow PT/Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
By the way, if you open the attentioned fader on the left side of the app, that does follow along, so its working to some extent already.
It may not solve your problem though?
Remember, I'm just getting started with S1 and the tablet. I've opened the attentioned fader once but did not notice if the S1 followed. Regardless, the best summary of what we would like was posted just now by Cheesehead. By the way, I did search through the forum and couldn't find a discussion so I decided to start my own.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:10 AM

this is also killing me, the app is only follow Pro Tools ONLY in universal window. the only trick is att fader.

even worst, I setup with Pro Tools dock today with S1. The ipad on SI is ONLY showing meters, other than that is NOTHING. how possible ?? at least give me soft key screen ....
Old 02-03-2020, 04:14 AM

The thread I started was called 'Daw Banks App Setting Please'.
I don't know how to link to it, sorry.

Admittedly there wasn't a lot of interest from other people at the time, but Eddie does say:
Quote:
Yes we are adding this so it can follow like the surfaces can today. Early next year
Which was last year, so I live in hope.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
The thread I started was called 'Daw Banks App Setting Please'.
I don't know how to link to it, sorry.

Admittedly there wasn't a lot of interest from other people at the time, but Eddie does say:

Which was last year, so I live in hope.
Me too! Another poster just posted in this thread that the ipad on S1 is only showing meters. The answer is that there can only be one master tablet. The rest are restricted to display only, and that display is meters. That seems to be rather limited to me. I understand why there can only be one control (master) tablet, but if the user wants to at least display the mixer on another tablet, he/she ought to be able to, so let's add that to requests. Is Avid watching this thread? How do we send requests from the forum?
Old 02-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Avid

Yes Avid watches these forums... I'm the Product Manager for all thing Control Surfaces
There are technical reasons why it's limited. We wanted to concentrate on stability and making all these screen available would make the testing grid a lot bigger and we would spend more time on bug fixing instead of features.... Like the up coming Layouts creator for the tablet, like S6.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes Avid watches these forums... I'm the Product Manager for all thing Control Surfaces
There are technical reasons why it's limited. We wanted to concentrate on stability and making all these screen available would make the testing grid a lot bigger and we would spend more time on bug fixing instead of features.... Like the up coming Layouts creator for the tablet, like S6.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Eddie. All in due time. As long as we know this is on the request list, we will wait with patience.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docric View Post
+1
+1 Please.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:07 PM

Recently purchased a S1, having owned many control surfaces in the past (including C-24 and D-command) and third parties this S1 is by far the most robust and tactile friendly surface that I have had.

However it doesn't seem to be working as the control screens don't follow the S1 banking when you are in mix. Does it need to be replaced?

+1 for adding "control follows banks" to the next release - Having the tab follow the banking in all screens would be very helpful.

Regarding the latency - with an older (5 year or so) Fire tablet we were noticing latency, but with a new 2019 HD 10" it went away.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 05-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Avid

Did you drag the tablet onto the S1 in the MyList...not next to it? The Meters then follow the S1