Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 PM

Default Audio Interface for ASUS Windows 7 Laptop

I just bought Pro Tools 9. I don't have an audio interface, third party core audio, or an ASIO. SO, when I lauch my Pro Tools 9 it says, Unable to detect hardware." This is very frustrating! What interface will work with Pro Tools 9, give my music the best quality, and still work on an ASUS Windows 7 laptop?
I'm new to all of this.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Audio Interface for ASUS Windows 7 Laptop

Download and install Asio4ALL.

http://www.asio4all.com/
Old 03-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Audio Interface for ASUS Windows 7 Laptop

Or any audio interface that is ASIO capable. How many ins and outs do you need? That would help in determining an interface. Using the Asio4ALL "driver" will just mean you can use the onboard soundcard in your laptop - if there is one - and that will certainly not be the best in quality.

Avid has several interfaces that will do the job nicely, but, since you have PT 9, you do not have to have/use an Avid interface, only as mentioned one that is ASIO capable.

Cheers,

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction