Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-21-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Vocal Rack VST to RTAS Plugin Issue

Hello:

Have a quick question/issue thought Id through out there because Im stumped (again of course).. Anyway, I'm running PT 6.9/XP and everything is solid. I recently picked up the Yamaha Vocal Rack VST plugin. I have been running all/any of my VST plugins via the FXPansion VST to RTAS converter successfully in PT. However, this particular VST doesn’t want to play ball.. When I convert it using the VST to RTAS converter, I call it up on a vocal track, it subsequently crashes PT every time I close out, bypass the plugin.. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin, rerun the VST to RTAS converter, amended the registry and still no luck..

Is anyone running this plugin and getting it to work? I'd like to think I didnt blow 129$ but maybe I just did.. Any help in advance is greatly appreciated..

PS- Im not sure if it were even wise to purchase the Vocal Rack Plugin. However, from the 1-2 reviews, I read that is worth the investment. Would like to think this is still the case...

Thanks in advance...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...4631/src=00631
Old 05-21-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Vocal Rack VST to RTAS Plugin Issue

I know this isn't much help to you..... But the adaptor simply won't successfully work with every VST/VSTi. Try to get a refund if you can.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Vocal Rack VST to RTAS Plugin Issue

yes, there are some plugs that simply will not convert over into PT successfully. I would try to get a refund for it if you can, or ask them if you can get a rtas or audiosuite version of this particular plug (never personally used it before so I couldn't tell you if they make one off hand). You could also attempt to try the plug on a different audio app. if you have access to one. I am not sure if you are running anything else other than PT, but I use Cubase also and can use some plugs that PT will not support sometimes. Last option would be to try to sell it on Ebay if they won't give you a refund and you can't use it somehow. Usually what I do now days is ask around to a couple of folks and see if anyone has a plug and ask for their feedback before I drop any cash. This way you can know ahead of time if something will work and not be out the money there unfortunately.. I wish you best of luck with it.