Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Default my master volume is gone forever!!! :( after I fooled around on protools

my master volume is gone forever!!! in the mixer after I fooled around on protools, I uninstalled it, and nothing change, its still gone, and I'm heavy p&ssed of, can someone please help me out
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Default Re: my master volume is gone forever!!! :( after I fooled around on protools

Just insert another one.

Track>New>Master Fader
Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Re: my master volume is gone forever!!! :( after I fooled around on protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordVan View Post
Just insert another one.

Track>New>Master Fader
I did, but on all the studio PC's that I worked on, the master fader is always in 'Mix" and its hidden in "Edit" then you load a blank session..
suddenly on my studio pc at home, I did something wrong and its gone now.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Review your tracks in the tracks bin. Its not possible to show a track in one window and hide it in another(referring to the MIX and EDIT windows). When you load a blank session, there are no tracks at all. If you load template sessions, they may or may not have a master track. You can also create your own template session with all the tracks you want(once it is created and populated, go to File>Save as template>)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-24-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Review your tracks in the tracks bin. Its not possible to show a track in one window and hide it in another(referring to the MIX and EDIT windows). When you load a blank session, there are no tracks at all. If you load template sessions, they may or may not have a master track. You can also create your own template session with all the tracks you want(once it is created and populated, go to File>Save as template>)
thats a good idea, but pro tools 7.4 ~ 8.0.1 they all have a master fader in the mixer window, and in the edit window the master in not visible, but I fooled around with my pro tools 8 and now, I have to add a master everytime, it sux, even in my old session I did a while ago have a master only in the Mixer, but If I load them now, they're all gone.... so I assume I screwed up the program.......
Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp View Post
I have to add a master everytime, it sux.......
I think you should sue Avid for all the time lost creating master faders.
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 09-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Before you sue Avid, spend a little more time learning the program(there is a lot to learn and I am not trying to rag on anyone). Anytime you create a blank session, there is no master track in either window. Its easy to add one when you add your first batch of tracks. Its also easy to create and save your own custom session template(with a master track). A master bus exists in all sessions, but it is not visible or controllable unless you add a master track(which is simply a way to control the master mix bus and add processing via inserts). If this isn't sounding correct, I welcome discussion as I only seek to teach and help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Its also easy to create and save your own custom session template(with a master track).
+1
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61