Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Re: This is JUST what we NEED! NOT!!! Pro Tools Essential and Structure Essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Its essentially a version of Pro Tools thats bundled for what appears to be free with some entry level MAudio interfaces. I'm saying free since it would appear that the Vocal bundle and the Keyboard bundle are priced the same as the Nova and the Keystation49. Not sure why the Fastrack is priced more..... Remember that MPowered is 249.00 on top of an interface so if they are including this at no cost whats not to like?

Kinda like the old PT Free was meant to be a trial product.

Note Does not require an iLok
Me & some fellow DUC'sters had actually been sayin they need a watered downed version for the novice so I don't think it's all that bad... BUTTT, they SHOULD NOT be allowed on this forum

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Re: This is JUST what we NEED! NOT!!! Pro Tools Essential and Structure Essential

i like the entry level stuff. Now i can get something lite for my laptop. (fast track) i should be able to use record(from PH) with the interface . I have a funny feeling that digi is going to take out rewire for the essentials sets
i didnt hear about the the new structure essential
an Tamara is going to need her own tab
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Me & some fellow DUC'sters had actually been sayin they need a watered downed version for the novice so I don't think it's all that bad... BUTTT, they SHOULD NOT be allowed on this forum
methinks they're already here....they just don't have the watered-down version yet
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pro View Post
methinks they're already here....they just don't have the watered-down version yet
I'm afraid I must say ^^^He's rite^^^

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned

Holy smokes!

I'm envisioning M-powered and LE to be merged (which i mentioned a good while ago)

How about that M-powered version packed with the Mackie mixing board?

And the People who downlaoded and installed the 8.01 mac version seeing the LE icon etc..

hmmmmmmmm......

Oh and suddenly Shan hasn't posted in quite a bit; perhaps he's testing a 64 bit version of protools?..............

Russ; where'd he go?

hmmmmmm......
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pro View Post
Yup...but it'll have limited thread count

Thats funny, As far as the forum goes I think would just lump them in with the regular MAudio forum. Besides all the NewBs will post in the the first open forum they find

I couldn't find anything at MAudio about this yet. The article mentions that the system requirements are reduced so it will be interested to see what hardware it runs on.

This could be pretty popular with the children of the laptop hunters.

I think I would have called it something like MPowered Essential-Powered by Pro Tools. To keep it at an arms length yet cash in on the PT cachet so to speak.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM

I think tamara will need therapy by Xmas dinner.

Some interesting questions would be

Will it work with an exsisting Fastrack USB? Will the sofware be available for purchase by itself? Will the buyers of the Essential bundles be able to use their hardware with MPowered?

Will it work in concert with the other bundles? It would be cool to be able to Use the Vocal Bundles mic along with the Keyboard or Recording Device?...That would be a nice selling point.

The vocal bundles probably a no brainer for the podcasting, voiceover etc.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
Holy smokes!

I'm envisioning M-powered and LE to be merged (which i mentioned a good while ago)

How about that M-powered version packed with the Mackie mixing board?

And the People who downlaoded and installed the 8.01 mac version seeing the LE icon etc..

hmmmmmmmm......

Oh and suddenly Shan hasn't posted in quite a bit; perhaps he's testing a 64 bit version of protools?..............

Russ; where'd he go?

hmmmmmm......
The LE Icon thing happened to me on my MBP, but no one from DIGI found it interesting...
Old 09-09-2009, 02:24 PM

How about this consideration:

Since Digi/Avid is squarely chasing the low-end / entry level user with these new products, could that not possibly mean that they might consolidate the "mid-range" LE stuff by adding some features and removing some limitations?

I think we might not see this as a reality until new HD hardware is available to lure the high-end users, but could they be preparing a road-map???

I know.... Rose tinted glasses and all...

Hope your blood pressure didn't do anything strange...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Oh my.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com