Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2022, 06:32 PM

Default Lost iLok RMA Process

Hello, I lost my old iLok in a move and have initiated the RMA process. I have an RMA code and my old iLok's serial number.

I am trying to transfer my Pro Tools 12 license to a new iLok on my same iLok account that was linked to my Avid account.

I purchased a Service Transfer Fee through the Avid Support Code shop and never received a code. The phone number it provided me is no longer in service.

Please DM me to assist in resolving this so I can use Pro Tools again.

Thank you!
Old 12-10-2022, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Lost iLok RMA Process

Hi Welcome to DUC.

Did you have ZDT/insurance though iLok?

Did you check your spam mailbox? Checked your Avid.com account to see if the transfer fee appears in there as a product line item? (I still have one sitting in My Products from years ago that I never ended up using).

Yep the +1 650 237-1700 registration phone number has been disconnected but that number is mentioned all over the place. Avid support needs to get their **** together. You can reach support though Account Support, start here https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support. I would not waste time trying to chat, just file a case and give Avid the info they need. Use that ASC to file the case. It's a stupid process in that page start by filling out the initial info and search for an answer then it will let you add additional info, including your ASC and file a support case.

If you have started the RMA/lost iLok process and did not subscribe to ZDT you have to let that process run, you can't move any license anywhere as it's literally gone, it's on the missing iLok, and you don't have it any more. You need to wait until Avid gets back to you and deposits a license in your account, then you can copy it to your iLok. Sounds like that has not happened? Or if it has happened then you just drag it from your iLok account to the new iLok, there is nothing more to pay after the initial ASC fee.