Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM

Default New Artist Series?

I'm looking to buy the artist control and mix, however, I'm reading on all these threads that avid is undergoing a big architectural design for the eucontrol protocol. Does this mean avid is coming out with a new version of the artist or what? Or does is mean there re designing the architecture of the software? I don't want to but the V2 if they plan to drop a V3 soon. Any information would be great thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Default Re: New Artist Series?

JC Haydon is probably the only one authorized to answer that.

Based on the past you can speculate the following -

It's been confirmed that the software is undergoing a redesign that is said to be more massive then we have seen lately.

When the Euphonix MC Control was upgraded from v.1 to v.2 it was a hardware upgrade with no change in functionality. When it changed name to Avid it changed from silver to black and all the time there has been improvements in knobs and faders and wheels, but not so big that there has been a need for calling them v.1 and v. 2. An additional unit was added with Color.

There has not been any changes in the functionality or layout of the units so far. Some of the changes affected the price, so it´s pros and cons most of the time.

Perhaps MusikMesse will reveal something, but I wouldn´t be surprised if this will be presented together with PT11 - when some of us will have to face out older units and get an additional Mix as replacement...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
JC Haydon is probably the only one authorized to answer that.

Based on the past you can speculate the following -

It's been confirmed that the software is undergoing a redesign that is said to be more massive then we have seen lately.

When the Euphonix MC Control was upgraded from v.1 to v.2 it was a hardware upgrade with no change in functionality. When it changed name to Avid it changed from silver to black and all the time there has been improvements in knobs and faders and wheels, but not so big that there has been a need for calling them v.1 and v. 2. An additional unit was added with Color.

There has not been any changes in the functionality or layout of the units so far. Some of the changes affected the price, so it´s pros and cons most of the time.

Perhaps MusikMesse will reveal something, but I wouldn´t be surprised if this will be presented together with PT11 - when some of us will have to face out older units and get an additional Mix as replacement...
We have never forced a hardware upgrade with the Artist Series. EuControl has historically supported all Artist units.
The redesign is intended to address stability, speed, and performance of EUCON.

JC
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
We have never forced a hardware upgrade with the Artist Series. EuControl has historically supported all Artist units.

JC
That sounds like really good news !!!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:22 AM

JC Haydon,

I'm wondering if you've read any of the posts on these forums regarding how bad Eucon works in Mavericks. We've been posting for months, without a reply from anybody on the AVID side. I'm reaching out to you because its now beyond frustrating. Can you shed some light on when we can expect a fix?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:34 AM

romanoffski - wondering if you have read the three years worth of posts highlighting that eucon doesn't work on pretty much ANY operating system apart from a few isolated cases where it works "flawlessly" and "without issue". Unfortunately these "flawless" cases aren't able to be replicated out in the wild with anyone I know, but the occasional report on this forum did have me persisting and wasting time and money (for years) until I went elsewhere. I now pop in here occasionally to see if anything has changed - sadly not.

I must admit i did give up after chatting with a senior Avid exec over lunch much earlier in the year, and he was very open that neither he nor his immediate superiors could have cared less about the hardware products - the entire conversation kept being dragged back to the top-down directive for what is now known as Avid Everywhere - services not products. "Imagine that we didn't sell any products after tomorrow, how would we survive - services man, that's the way of the future - services in the cloud." God help those who had their livelihoods tied to some current hardware under the Avid banner - nope - services man, services.

I can actually feel sorry for the poor coders and software writers at Avid now that I am not tied to their unsupported product - the thing is they have no support from within their own company. The high-level innovator coders are otherwise occupied or have left, the current ones are not working under a healthy or supportive regime - and so on.

all the best and I hope you get some resolution, and I also hope that the Avid staff who occasionally frequent this place are not too demoralized by how it appears you are being treated within your workplace. The results speak for themselves, but I do wish you the best.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post

JC
...allelujah !
Old 04-13-2014, 10:10 AM

EuCon =