Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2020, 02:23 PM

Default Protools 2020.5 Cloud Collaboration Broken

Cloud Collaboration doesn't seem to be working in 2020.5 and it's screwing me hard right now. Any one else having this issue or figure out how to fix it?

No matter what I do my 2020.5 computer just says "failed" in task manager. The projects are basically useless now.

www.interlaceaudio.com
Old 06-19-2020, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Protools 2020.5 Cloud Collaboration Broken

Also not working at all in Protools 2019.12 with Catalina. Same problem.

www.interlaceaudio.com
Old 06-19-2020, 03:10 PM

It still works on 2019.6 on a friends machine though. Unfortunately I need to use a computer with Catalina.

www.interlaceaudio.com
Old 07-21-2020, 11:49 AM

Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm using 2020.5 with Mohave and it works fine but one of my clients has the same issue you do. We've been hitting our heads against the wall trying to figure it out. Even if he initiates the collaboration as soon as he goes to share an audio track/file it fails to upload. My thought is there must be a very specific element in his setup that breaks the process.
UAD Apollo 8p / Octo
Old 07-22-2020, 08:25 AM

I have a few tunes that we transfer back and forth on Avid Cloud. I have a Mac Pro trash can on Mojave and PT 2020.5. My other 2 collaborators are on a Mac laptop from 2011 and Sierra with PT 2020.5, and a new Windows 10 machine with PT 2020.3. I could not get PT First 2019.6 to work reliably for the Windows user, so he’s on the 30 day PT trial. The only way I’ve been able to help my collaborators with cloud issues is to remotely log into their computer and figure it out myself. Sometimes it’s a user error, and sometimes their slow Internet connection causes instability or they have to upload the project a second time or reboot their computer and restart PT. Yeah it shouldn’t be this buggy, but I am the experienced user and I don’t have any problems like my collaborators do.
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingrockstudios View Post
The only way I’ve been able to help my collaborators with cloud issues is to remotely log into their computer and figure it out myself. Sometimes it’s a user error, and sometimes their slow Internet connection causes instability or they have to upload the project a second time or reboot their computer and restart PT. Yeah it shouldn’t be this buggy, but I am the experienced user and I don’t have any problems like my collaborators do.
thanks Flyingrockstudios
My situation is similar in that I'm the experienced user and it's working on my end. The client I've been trying to collaborate with is actually a very capable techy who works at Apple so it's hard for me to say it's something he's doing wrong or missed in his setup. I'm going to try getting him to hard wire his internet connection (wifi off). I am a little worried the problem is with Catalina but I would think we'd be seeing a lot of people screaming about that. Back to the drawing board!
UAD Apollo 8p / Octo
Old 07-23-2020, 10:48 PM

I think the main question is: Did cloud collaboration ever work? Whenever I tried it didn’t, speaking about cloud collaboration introduced with Pro Tools 12.
A good working local collaboration over LAN should be the first step in my opinion.
The good old Rocket Network solution from the early 2000s worked much better in Pro Tools.

Best

Mark
Old 07-28-2020, 09:56 AM

Hi guys, I had the same problem with Catalina and Mojave. This helped.

Projects can not be uploaded and downloaded with macOS “Catalina” (PT-256471)

macOS “Catalina” does not grant Full Disk Access to Cloud Client Services by default. To be able to upload data from Project to Cloud
(or download data if the project was opened from the Cloud), you need to make the following changes manually:

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access and manually add “Hub” and “TransportClient” services.

• Library > Application Support > Avid > Cloud Client Services > Hub
• Library > Application Support > Avid > Cloud Client Services > TransportClient

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...lity/PT-256471

Cheers

Antelope Orion 32+ Gen 3, RME ADI 2 FS Converter, Universal Audio Apollo 16 (As DSP Only), SPL Mixdream XP, 2 x Rupert Neve Designs 535 Diode Compressors, Yamaha NS-10Ms, Yamaha MSP7 Studio, Pro Tools (Always the latest), plus other stuff.

Audio Engineer
Two time Latin Grammy Awards Nominee

Web: www.osc-audio.com
Facebook: @oscaudio
Instagram: @oscaudio
Twitter: @oscaudio
Old 07-28-2020, 10:02 AM

Also, I allow connections for those two services in the firewall. The same on my PC and that solves most of the problems. If it persists, you may try opening the ports listed here.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ink-Networking

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Antelope Orion 32+ Gen 3, RME ADI 2 FS Converter, Universal Audio Apollo 16 (As DSP Only), SPL Mixdream XP, 2 x Rupert Neve Designs 535 Diode Compressors, Yamaha NS-10Ms, Yamaha MSP7 Studio, Pro Tools (Always the latest), plus other stuff.

Audio Engineer
Two time Latin Grammy Awards Nominee

Web: www.osc-audio.com
Facebook: @oscaudio
Instagram: @oscaudio
Twitter: @oscaudio

Last edited by OscarSC; 08-03-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:23 PM

I came to this thread trying to figure out how to share my project with someone, and can't find them by their email address or name in the "Find Talent" section. But I digress...

I am on Catalina (10.15.7) and I am pretty sure I'm uploading ok, because I already ran out of room and paid for more. I didn't see these two services to add to full disk access...found the directory, though.

thoughts? Do I need to worry about this?