Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-21-2011, 06:28 AM

Default Will Blue Digi interfaces connect to the new HDX card?

Can you connect blue-era HD interfaces (192 or 96) to the new HDX cards? I haven't been able to find this information yet, unless it's inside some of the new user guides.

It would be nice to feel I wasn't being hustled to buy an entirely new system--if I could stay in the "DSP" path, but had a way to at least buy the HD software and the new card. It might be a more do-able transition for some of us....
Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Will Blue Digi interfaces connect to the new HDX card?

Find the answer here

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419131

But in a nutshell..

"Pro Tools 10 will be the final feature release for Pro Tools|HD TDM systems
Pro Tools 10 will be the final supported feature release for legacy Digidesign interfaces and controllers, including:
192 I/O
192 Digital I/O
96 I/O
96i I/O
SYNC (original "blue")
SYNC HD (original "blue")
MIDI I/O
003 family
Mbox 2 family
Control|24
Command|8
Pro Control

Please note that we will continue to offer software updates and address issues for legacy hardware for the foreseeable future."
Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Will Blue Digi interfaces connect to the new HDX card?

The Blue interfaces will work with the HDX cards. I found this out on the chat that's posted here (on the right):

http://apps.avid.com/aes2011-live/

My Sweetwater rep said that for now they're only selling the bundles with the interface, but that may change down the road (don't know when).

Since you have an HD4, your trade up options would be this (I'm pretty sure):

You trade your HD3 system for 1 HDX card for $5999. Your blue interface would then be an even swap for the HD Omni. Or you trade your blue interface and add $1000, and you get the HD IO (8 x 8, I think).

Then, if I'm not mistaken, your extra 4th card could potentially be traded for a second HDX card, but I have no idea how much that would be for.

I'm just going by what was said in the chat, but you may want to talk to your dealer.

Note that these are the official street prices (MAP). Your dealer may be able to do even better.