Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:42 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Won't Load

I recently upgraded my computer to a Ryzen 7 1700 processor and MSI x370 Pro Carbon motherboard with 2x8 DDR4 RAM. When trying to load Pro Tools 11 it does the load wheel for a few seconds then just goes away. Nothing loads, or happens. When going into task manager it lists Pro Tools 11 Application as being there but not doing anything.

I was previously using Windows 7 but the hardware wanted me to use Windows 10 so I figured that could be part of the problem (it wasn't). I have tried reinstalling Pro Tools many times, unplugging all my other drives and loading it, i've reinstalled drivers for the PC and audio interface (Scarlett 18i20), and as previously mentioned I tried going to Windows 10 but so far i've had absolutely no luck.

I really need it start working ASAP as i'm back to university in a few weeks and need it to do my work!

Thankyou for any help provided.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Won't Load

Are you installing using "Runs As Administrator"?

You're in fairly uncharted water as very few people, at least those on the forum, are using the new AMD CPUs/chipsets.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-26-2017, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Won't Load

I am running windows 10 and pro tools 11.3.2 with ryzen 1700. Make sure you update everything including drivers software and plugins. Everything runs and loads fine as long as keep some settings on. For example if I turn off dynamic plugin processing the cpu meters freak out. If I turn off ignore errors the system loses sound or the audio turns into garbles of error noises. As long as I keep those settings on it runs smoothy although I do get the some overall cpu spiking but its nothing like turning off dynamic plugin processing.

I am still in the infancy(1 week) of trying 11.3.2 out but I may just upgrade at some point to see if it fixes the issues above.