Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 PM

Default Protools 9, mbox mini install issues

Hi, i have a Macbook pro running OS X 10.8.3 with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. I have purchased Protools 9 with a free upgrade to Protools 10 and a Mbox Mini. When installing the Protools Program software i receive installation error saying 'The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'
I have spoken to the dealer ithat i purchased Protools from purchased and IT personnel at my University and they said to register the products (ProTools 9 and the Mbox) online at avid.
When i went to the avid website to register these products using the 'Product registration Informations Card' i submitted the informations on the cards. When i clicked submit the website went back to the 'avid product registration' website with 'Your session has timed out' in red writing.
Please note i have a Ilok and Avid account.
Please help

Regards, Reynolds
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Protools 9, mbox mini install issues

Firstly you are posting in entirely the wrong forum. this one if for high-end post/surround.

Your install and registration problems are entirely unrelated.

Secondly you should not need to install Pro Tools 9, which is not officially supported on OS X 10.8 (and that is the root of your problem). Just download the latest Pro Tools 10 installer (currently http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-3-4-Downloads) and start there. See the Installation Guide PDF in the downloads.

If you are really seeing timeouts then maybe the web site was having a bad day, if they persist you are simply doing somethign wring. Many registration problem are users tryign to enter the wrong number (using the wrong number amongst the several different serial/activation numbers included, mixing up hardware and software registrations etc.) or simply mistyping a number/letters (be careful). If this persists you can contact Avid for free registration support, the link is the bottom of the registration page.

You need to follow the written install institutions. You need to get an iLok license (unless your software came with a preactivated iLok), install drivers and software in a specific order, etc.

Please don't reply here. Start another thread in the right Forum (likely to be "Pro Tools Software for Mac").

Darryl