Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Default No session playback

Ok ive seen this issue brought up but not to my exact specification. I recently bought the vocal studio bundle and am very satisfied with the mic, but when I dowloaded pro tools se I am getting no session playback. I have a brand new dell ( fresh out the box ) with 4g of ram and a processor speed around 3.0 ghz, and a 500 g harddrive. I downloaded the program exactly as instructed, twice. I looked in the user guide and it said to click preview demo to verify sound, I did and am getting sound as well as sound from my computer. The problem is when I pull up a session, demo or empty I get no playback, ive adjusted all devices and sound options I can think of and still get nothing. I can record and meters show activity but no sound. I have stereo speakers ran through a reciever ran to the audio jack. Please help if there is any more info needed please let me know, I wanna use protools! Also I know for a fact the mic and playback work just fine in lower grade programs. I am also aware of pro tools requireing an mbox or interfave but didnt think SE required one. Thank you, any help will be amazing
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Re: No session playback

Sometimes it happens here too. If I close the session and reopen it, I get audio...
Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Ive tried opening the session( or any session ) and the program quite a few times , even on different days and still nothing. I haven't even gotten to use the program in any manner yet ive had this playback issue from the get go but only in session , like i said im getting audio from the demo preview which should mean that Pro Tools is produceing sound and my computer is registering it but like i said no matter what options i change , device or computer or sound anything i get nothing. Is there a mute button or something im missing? Obviously there is on the tracks and main mixer but ive checked all of above and nothing is muted. i know on Audacity there is a seperate volume control but Audacity has no mixer options. Also i tried importing a file and the import went well but still no sound. I realize SE is the lowest Pro Tools version but in the end it should still work. Does it need an Mbox interface to operate and if so is there Interfaces for USB mics?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM

SE doesn't need a Mbox. I use it with a M-audio Fast Track Pro (it was bundled with the interface), and, for my needs (guitar/vocal/bass/ drum loops) it works fine (sometimes I get no playback audio, but if I close the session and reopen it, I get audio back).

Did you try to reinstall SE? Install it before the audio interface drivers.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Ya I tried all that screw it on the another program