Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Default The Application Pro Tools has unexpectedly quit

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.

I am using Pro Tools Digi 001 6.1.2 on a separate internal Mac Drive with Jaguar 10.2.8. I work in a couple of other studios that have both new & old versions of Pro Tools. I mostly edit on my small setup.

I was editing someone’s vocals that were processed with Antares software (a program that I don’t have), from a newer version of Pro Tools, & that’s when the problem started. I foolishly saved the session & could never open any sessions on that drive again, getting ”The Application Pro Tools has unexpectedly quit”.

First: I simply trashed that session (I have an older session) but the problem remained.

Second: I searched online & found & tried removing DigiSetup File, Pro Tools preference, and DAE prefs from the user Library, then rebooted, & still the same problem.

Third: I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Pro Tools, but no difference.
The catch here: My PT install situation is such that I have a disc that is version 6.0.
I then download/update with 6.1 & then 6.1.2, The problem here is that the last version (6.1.2) does not have an un-install button, so I can only un-install 6.1 & 6.0
Does that even matter?

Conclusion: Something in Antares Sounds (someone else’s program) corrupted the External drive, which holds my Pro Tools session files.
Note: all other programs seem to work fine with files on this drive & PT sessions work fine on a different drive.

Any help would be appreciated….