Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Is there a Website that \'grades\' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU,IK?

Is there a Website that 'grades' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU,IK, AIR, Sony Oxford? I don't have time to go to each and every one of these websites and see if they have the instruments I want as demos to listen to...not to mention lisening to them!

There has to be somewhere a groups of professionals that decides this is better than that plug in at what its trying to do.

I'm mainly into mixing and orchestral/piano sounds. Expand has a 'great' Grand.

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Is there a Website that \'grades\' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU

Quote:
Is there a Website that 'grades' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU,IK, AIR, Sony Oxford? I don't have time to go to each and every one of these websites and see if they have the instruments I want as demos to listen to...not to mention lisening to them!

There has to be somewhere a groups of professionals that decides this is better than that plug in at what its trying to do.

Thank you in advance!
None that I know but you will read many opinions on the popular audio forums. At the end of the day, you still have to give these a good listen and see what works for you.

Another thing you could do is make individual posts regarding the plug-ins you are interested in and ask for personal experience from the people who use them. An example would be, "TL Space, Waves IR-1, Altiverb: Any feedback from the people who use these?"

Those type of posts will have many responses from actual users with alot of great info.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Is there a Website that \'grades\' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you in advance!
None that I know but you will read many opinions on the popular audio forums. At the end of the day, you still have to give these a good listen and see what works for you.

Another thing you could do is make individual posts regarding the plug-ins you are interested in and ask for personal experience from the people who use them. An example would be, "TL Space, Waves IR-1, Altiverb: Any feedback from the people who use these?"

Those type of posts will have many responses from actual users with alot of great info.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Thanks man I will.

I also read your posts about digidesign dropin the ball on this 7.4 very informative
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Is there a Website that \'grades\' plugins NI, McDSP, MOTU,IK?

Try KVRaudio.com
Mbox2/MboxMicro
ProTools 8.0