Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Default Future for Liquid?

I am a big fan of Liquid Technology. Way back, Sintefex, the inventors, licensed it to Focusrite. However, the PR side didn't seem to do a good job. Only recently did I discover Liquid TDM, which is obviously obsolete now.
The samples of vintage Eq's and Compressors must have taken a lot of time and trouble to gather. In action there are simply wonderful. In particular, I know of no algorithmic comp to come even close to what these do.

I believe AAXDSP would be a perfect fit for a Liquid future.
Those buying in to this somewhat exclusive market would appreciate the unique and historic sound palette and IMO would pay a decent price for it.
Mastering comes to mind immediately. Also, to my ear, nothing comes near a Liquid chain for mixing Bass guitar and other such rock n roll animals.

I would like to appeal to Focusrite to consider this possible future for the treasure trove of Liquid samples, and would encourage others who agree to do so.

DD
Old 08-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Future for Liquid?

i agree completely
Old 08-19-2012, 04:24 PM

I think the problem is that Focusrite took an overall hit on all their liquid based products.

They were paying for the license and support on the front and never really made it back across the various products they incorporated it into.

Some of the products were really buggy and the promise of new emulations was never fulfilled.
The was a lot of potential in what Focusrite was trying to do but some of the liquid products hurt more than they helped.

Who knows they could be working on something to make use what Avid has brought to the table but it's highly doubtful.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Avid already has enough on their plate... and especially since they've been doing nothing but selling off stuff, I doubt we'll see any new acquisitions for a good long while.

Besides... I still see a lot of Liquid Mixes out there. As well as the Liquid Channel, and the LS56 is insanely popular (I have one myself). I can't see Focusrite letting it go to another party any time soon.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Avid already has enough on their plate... and especially since they've been doing nothing but selling off stuff, I doubt we'll see any new acquisitions for a good long while.

Besides... I still see a lot of Liquid Mixes out there. As well as the Liquid Channel, and the LS56 is insanely popular (I have one myself). I can't see Focusrite letting it go to another party any time soon.
I thought he was referring to Focusrite bringing it to the AAX platform as a replacement for TDM?

Hard to say where Focusrite is on the whole liquid thing.
This is the same company that had actually dropped support of the LiquidMix and the time they released the LiquidMix 16.

Just wish we could have gotten some updates for the LiquidMix before it went south.

Still have to remember that SSL killed the Duende to go native so you never know what's happening until it's released.

Focusrite does still have a couple of current products using the Liquid technology so maybe something AAX will happen.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Besides... I still see a lot of Liquid Mixes out there.
yeah and those are absolutely worthless (RTAS) when PT11x64 hits with AAX only format - unless they release a software update - which probably would
Be more like software and a firmware update -

That is the only reason I didn't get one b/c of the RTAS only situation - at least for PT11x64

Nice thought however
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
yeah and those are absolutely worthless (RTAS) when PT11x64 hits with AAX only format - unless they release a software update - which probably would
Be more like software and a firmware update -

That is the only reason I didn't get one b/c of the RTAS only situation - at least for PT11x64

Nice thought however
Well perhaps they have something cooking for the future. From what I'm reading on their webpage, it won't work with any other 64 bit DAW, either, not just Pro Tools. It's probably better to suggest to Focusrite rather than Avid...

As I said, Avid's got enough on their plate as it is. They already sold off a huge chunk of their plugin division. There's no way they're going to take on a new beast until they can stabilize with what they have left.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
It's probably better to suggest to Focusrite rather than Avid...
Absolutely, lets email Focusrite. As in the OP.

Quote:
I would like to appeal to Focusrite to consider this possible future for the treasure trove of Liquid samples, and would encourage others who agree to do so.
The only email address I can find is [email protected]
I would guess FAO Rob Jenkins

If enough of us chat here about this and email them, perhaps they would consider AAXDSP as a solid future looking home for Liquid Technology.

I believe it is a good fit.

DD
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Hi,
I would like this too.
It it gonna happen?
Ableton 9
Avid Omni HD
Avid 8*8*8 HD X 2
D-Control ES 32 Channel
Native Instruments Maschine Studio