How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2019, 07:45 AM

Default Midi sustain

Hi all,

I'm new to the AVID tools and forum. I've been practicing music for over 40 years, but just recently bought the hardware to be able to record some of my songs, so this is fairly new to me.

I'm having the same sustain issue in that I can hear the sustain when I record and I can see it visually on the track, however I do not hear it during play back nor when I export the song. The only time I can hear the sustain during replay is when I hold down the sustain pedal. So the only solution so far is to hold down the sustain pedal indefinitely which doesn't give the best effect as you can imagine.

I have looked through the Pro Tools manual and the online posts and have tried the "remove duplicate notes" and using "midi merge options" (all options: Latch, Touch, or Latch until Next Event give the same result, whether midi merge is enabled or disabled).

I have also tried playing around with the various midi and controller settings on the keyboard itself without success. However given that I can hear it fine in ProTools, I don’t think the problem is with the instrument.

My Interface:
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
- Focusriteusbininstaller4.36.5-612 (latest)
- AVID
- Pro Tools First (v2018.7.0)

Intruments/tools:
- Yamaha W7 keyboard (attached through midi cables), this is an older keyboard.
- Boss DR670 drum box (attached either through midi or jack for audio track)
- Behringer, XM8500 mike (attached through standard jack)
- Sustain pedal (standard Roland sustain pedal for pianos/keyboards)

For some reason, Sandra Lite didn't work (giving me blank screens), so I uploaded a PC report from Everest in *.pdf.

Any assistance or ideas on how to solve my problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Moe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EVEREST Report.pdf (675.4 KB, 0 views)