Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Default Crazy Sound Contest !!!

Hi to all digi users,

I am in charge of a Sound Contest called "Mixage Fou" or "Crazy Mix"

It is a french contest that is already opened at this adress : http://www.mixagefou.com/
(when you access the website click on the bottom right "american flag" to access to the english version)
It ends the 21 of march 2010

The aim of the game: to download the sounds available on the website (go and click on the “Download Sounds” button) and make an original creation out of it. Every effects is tolerated and even fostered (amplify, speed, pitch, and tempo change, reverse, repeat and so on)
A single obligation: to send a creative and fresh composition, not longer than 80 seconds.

It is opened not only for the french but to all people (all the prizes can be sent by post mail !!!)

Feel free to ask for any questions about this contest in this thread

Hope you enjoy this proposition...
Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Crazy Sound Contest !!!

More informations :

This contest is organised by a french university in which I am working as a sound teacher, the email adress you leave to participate will never be used for any commercial purpose (no spam).

You can download the raw sounds with a direct link here :

ftp://ftp2.mixagefou.com/mixagefou/sons_a_mixer.zip

Listen to them there is a very cool bass line !!!

you can even use those sounds in your personal compositions (copyright free).
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 AM

Even more informations :

You can add your own effects to the raw sounds, there is no limitations on the creative aspect except it must be in 80 sec max and you can only work from the raw sounds. You can tweak it with your favorite tools (hardware / software)

For the crazy aspect it can be musical or like a movie atmosphere or something that is not even defined...

What is important is the originality of the creation

There will be around 15 prizes (maybe a little more) and logically around 15 winners...

There is no first and second and third prize but one prize from one founder each founder will give it's prize to the one he likes (winning criteria depends on the founder, for example Piste Rouge is a sound studio will give the Ipod Nano to a crazy with a good technical achievement...)
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 AM

This contest is something I make in my extra time and I have no money to make it, I even pay myself the hosting of the website (100 euros). I have some help from my students too.

Don't hesitate to communicate on it, it ends on next sunday (included) !!

Happy contest !
Old 03-16-2010, 04:09 PM

Have you been to the contest website ?

Just a post to know if you are happy with the rules or the contest in general
This event is something that I want to continue next years so don't hesitate to send me some feedback...
Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM

Hi to all "crazy" digi users,

The crazy mix contest will end very soon : Sunday 21 at 00h00 GMT

You still have time to participate since it is only 80 sec of creation maximum

Here you can see SOME of the prizes (there will be around 15 winners so don't hesitate...)

PRIZES 2010