Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-25-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Import Audio from Current Movie causes crash?

HI.

Been having a problem with PT "Unexpectedly Quitting" on me since upgrading to v7 (currently running v7.1cs5 on OSX10.4.5 Dual 2Gig HD2Accel 2x192 I/O)...I think finally figured the sequence of events that causes it to happen 80% of the time.

New session (in this case 24bit 44.1 .BWAV). Import Quicktime movie. Create 2 (or more) mono tracks. Import Audio from Current Movie. Drag Audio onto mono tracks. Hit Spacebar to play...and Boom Pro Tools quits.

When I hit "Save" before the last step, it still crashed, but when I re-open the session, re-import the audio (this time from the Audio Files folder since it made the conversion prior to the crash), drag into mono tracks, hit play everything fine.

Anyone else experiancing this? Digi?

Also posting this in the Post&surround forum.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Import Audio from Current Movie causes crash?

no one? anyone? Bueller?