Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM

Default Digidesign 192 Digital IO

Hey,

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question to most of you, so if you're going to write comments like 'dont bother' save your breath for someone who is actually going to respond nicely.

I have just bought a Digidesign 192 Digital off a friend of a friend. It came with no cables and I already have an HD3 old PCI set up but with a 96.

Unfortunately I have been out of the game for a while, and I just want to know if you are able to use the 192 with analog equipment - be it with the right cable or whatever. If not then Ill sell it. I have no manuals and I have been trying to find out online but I cant find anything so if someone can help me out that would be great.

Cheers
Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Digidesign 192 Digital IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxxx View Post
Hey,

This is gonna sound like the dumbest question to most of you, so if you're going to write comments like 'dont bother' save your breath for someone who is actually going to respond nicely.

I have just bought a Digidesign 192 Digital off a friend of a friend. It came with no cables and I already have an HD3 old PCI set up but with a 96.

Unfortunately I have been out of the game for a while, and I just want to know if you are able to use the 192 with analog equipment - be it with the right cable or whatever. If not then Ill sell it. I have no manuals and I have been trying to find out online but I cant find anything so if someone can help me out that would be great.

Cheers
If I read correctly, you want to plug analog gear into a 192-D? The short answer is 'no'. Unless you are feeding digital signal from other sources, that sucker won't help. If you are feeding from a digital console or whatever, you just need a digilink cable to piggyback from the 96 (although, depending on the setup, I'd make the 192 the primary interface).

HTH
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I have no manuals and I have been trying to find out online but I cant find anything
Cheers
http://www.avid.com/US/products/192-Digital-IO
Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 PM

thanks heaps for the quick responses..

its probably no use to me as I dont have a digital mixer.

so there is no cable or anything I can buy that allows inputs for analogue gear - eg. juno, etc..

cheers
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 AM

You're in Oz. Get in touch.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:

so there is no cable or anything I can buy that allows inputs for analogue gear - eg. juno, etc..

cheers
no..a digital mixer will provide the analog to digital / digital to analog conversion you need to use the interface. cables on their own will not provide this conversion.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
thanks heaps for the quick responses..

its probably no use to me as I dont have a digital mixer.

cheers
there are mic pres with digital out there are recorders with digital in

think about what of those you may want to add in the future that you will need I/O that the 96 doesn't have

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig