Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-15-2021, 12:15 PM

Default Output Sounds having an early BF sale

Over the weekend I noticed that Output Sounds is having an early BF sale on several of their VI's and plugins. The one that's always intrigued me is Exhale - their unique vocal VI. So, over the weekend I picked it up for $129, normally $199. I may be wrong, but I believe this the very first time I've ever seen anything from OS on sale.

I have to say Exhale is one of the most interesting and unique VI's I've every used. I'm just getting started with it, but already I can see how useful it can be when you want some interesting vocal based patches on a track. And you have a lot of control and flexibility to edit any of the patches to create your own unique sounds too. I believe that's pretty much true of all their plugins. If you're looking for something unique to add to your arsenal, OS might have what you're looking for, and now is a good time to buy. I'm also considering their VI REV - which is a whole lot of reversed sound samples, processed in unique and creative ways.

You do need Kontakt Player (the free edition) in order to host it. Player comes in AAX format, so sits nicely on any PT instrument track. Or you can use it standalone if you wish.

Old 11-15-2021, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Output Sounds having an early BF sale

When that company first launched they said they would never have sales for their instruments. For at least the last three years they’ve had semi regular sales on all their stuff including their plugins.

I agree though that their stuff is very cool and interesting. Their granular FX plugin is awesome. Arcade is cool too but another subscription deal so that may not float your boat.

Enjoy Exhale. There’s an expansion that was released for that about 6 months after its launch. Might want to look into that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
When that company first launched they said they would never have sales for their instruments. For at least the last three years they’ve had semi regular sales on all their stuff including their plugins.

I agree though that their stuff is very cool and interesting. Their granular FX plugin is awesome. Arcade is cool too but another subscription deal so that may not float your boat.

Enjoy Exhale. There’s an expansion that was released for that about 6 months after its launch. Might want to look into that too.

Yeah, I did look at the expansions. There are 3 of them now. All interesting, but I only got one of them for now. What I like about Exhale is that in a mix the sound is vocal...but its not, if you know what I mean. Suggestive of human voices, but not overtly so, which adds a nice touch. OR, it can be quite obviously vocals if you wish. Depends on how you process the sound within Exhale. Its really intriguing from a sound design perspective.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:40 AM

Output does some nice sounding stuff but there's one thing I've always been confused about. Their requirements say you need Kontakt (which I have) but none of their videos show it running in Kontakt (you never see the Kontakt gui). So how does it run then?

QAPLA!
Old 11-20-2021, 10:59 AM

Default Output Sounds having an early BF sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Output does some nice sounding stuff but there's one thing I've always been confused about. Their requirements say you need Kontakt (which I have) but none of their videos show it running in Kontakt (you never see the Kontakt gui). So how does it run then?

All their instruments apart from Arcade require Kontakt… well, Kontakt Player. The full version isn’t required but it obviously still works.

Their interfaces are fully scripted so virtually all of the standard Kontakt stuff is hidden… much like most well designed Kontakt libraries.

If you can’t see it running in Kontakt, the video is cropped to only show the GUI of the instrument library. Go on YouTube and you can easily see it running within Kontakt.

Last edited by Sardi; 11-20-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
All their instruments apart from Arcade require Kontakt… well, Kontakt Player. The full version isn’t required but it obviously still works.

Their interfaces are fully scripted so virtually all of the standard Kontakt stuff is hidden… much like most well designed Kontakt libraries.

If you can’t see it running in Kontakt, the video is cropped to only show the GUI of the instrument library. Go on YouTube and you can easily see it running within Kontakt.

Thanks - I'll check that out.

QAPLA!
Old 11-21-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks - I'll check that out.

Jack - I run it in Kontakt player. The photos you see are cropped to only show the instrument interface. Trust me...all of Kontakt is there! And it sits and works normally within Player as any other VI does that requires Kontakt hosting.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Jack - I run it in Kontakt player. The photos you see are cropped to only show the instrument interface. Trust me...all of Kontakt is there! And it sits and works normally within Player as any other VI does that requires Kontakt hosting.
Thank you very much for that. It's confusing because even in the YouTube videos I've seen of their stuff I've yet to see the Kontakt gui. I have the full Kontakt. Their 'bass' library is (for me) to die for.

QAPLA!
Old 11-21-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for that. It's confusing because even in the YouTube videos I've seen of their stuff I've yet to see the Kontakt gui. I have the full Kontakt. Their 'bass' library is (for me) to die for.

??

https://youtu.be/YONkCYwdDZI

https://youtu.be/Z1bQ8DDXf2Q

https://youtu.be/IggzIkyLWs8

I literally just clicked on three random Output Exhale videos in YouTube. You can see the Kontakt GUI in all of the videos.