Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:05 AM

Cool Idea for Protools 8 Multipile Recorders

Plenty a times I am working in a session and i stop the session and depending on the effect running i get this sweet stop like effect that i wish that i was recording even though the session stopped so i said It would be very cool if you could have more than one recorders in one session to capture every thing that is going on even after the session is stopped and i am sure they are other ways with multiple systems or even playing around with pre and mute but i think it would be a nice stand alone feature and also setting new standards for DAWs
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Idea for Protools 8 Multipile Recorders

One solution is to use TapeIt

http://www.silverspike.com/?Products:TapeIt

But it is a VST and you need FXpansion VST-RTAS adapter.

Other solutions exists if you have Reaktor or Transfuser

If you have Transfuser you can simply insert it in the master track and insert the track Def Audio In and use the recorder.

With Reaktor although a bit more complicated it should be feasible: Disable external sync and use a record instrument (comes with the standard library)
Old 11-02-2008, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Idea for Protools 8 Multipile Recorders

lots of different options. instead of bouncing to disk, set the session up to record to an audio track and set up a mute group for all the tracks you want to end and just hit 1 mute channel in the group and everything you have in the group will mute leaving your fx channels unmuted and being recorded. or you could just automate the mutes on each channel instead of mute group which is what i would do, and get the same thing. then you could either bounce to disk from their or export it out.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10