How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 AM

Default Re: PT 10 ...a disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Features like ADC and the ability to use a 3rd party interface were considered whining on this forum right up to the day PT9 was released.
Very true. Pretty much a decade of debate. A lot of heated discussion. And in the end it seems like a good idea.

Everyone complains. Or if put better offers suggestions.

People complain about Avid not listening or moving fast enough. Compare the features added between v6.x and 7.4 and most of the major releases were pretty incremental. A couple of busses or tracks here or there. REX file import. The only two that stick out are Elastic Audio and Instrument Tracks. Unless you want to call the original Toolkits "features". Now compare this to PT8.0, PT9 and PT10. While they haven't added every longstanding request they did add quite a few. A lot of the stuff left out most likely couldn't be done with the current Audio Engine. Some requests like bumping up the ADC buffer happened pretty fast. So I think they are trying to be responsive. I think PT11 will most likely be a watershed release. Its going to break some compatibility but provide a platform that's easier to build on for the future.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Default Re: PT 10 ...a disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post

People complain about Avid not listening or moving fast enough.
With LE 6 I never considered PT for MIDI. That began to change with LE 7; features I wanted were slowly being implemented. Now with PT 9 Cubase isn't even installed on my system.

Also, I remember many times on surveys adding in the extra comment section that I wanted a Mbox with Firewire... Got an Mbox2 Pro (collecting dust now ).

I don't have every thing I want. However, with a demanding post, live, HD base I feel they have been also listening to this lowly Vanilla PT peasant.