Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2021, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Routing other apps to Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopzilla2 View Post
Loopback by Rogue Amoeba is the solution you're looking for.
Loopback is great for re-routing CoreAudio, but it won't get you into an HD rig - Source Nexus will.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-04-2021, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Routing other apps to Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhouse View Post
Currently I route the line output of my Mac into a couple of analog channels of my HD I/O so I can listen to audio from Chrome, etc. while Pro Tools is running. Is there a way to do this digitally staying in the box? Maybe with Pro Tools Aggregrate I/O? Aggregrate engine has always confused me tbh.

I'd like to be able to Skype for some online vocal lessons and still have access to my my mic and plugins.
As others have said...Aggregate with HD isn't an option unfortunately. Source Nexus is great, but if you don't require the full feature set it provides, You can always get a USB audio device that supports SPIDIF, and route the digital I/O to your HD/IO. I use a Behringer USB coreaudio interface that works great with my Avid Omni, older macs have built in optical audio support as well so thats another route you can go.