How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM

Default Digi MIDI drivers cause Reason 6 'Failed to open MIDI support library'

Has anyone run into this one?

Reason and Live hang when opening. Reason won't get to the authorisation screen and Live hangs on Initialising Application.

After trying many different solutions, I found that trashing the Digi MIDI drivers and device folders from HD->Library->Audio->MIDI drivers allowed me to open Reason and Live.

the official word on the Propellerhead forum is that the problem is with Avid's MIDI drivers.

I would like to come up with a more permanent fix than moving and replacing MIDI drivers to get both programs playing happily

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Digi MIDI drivers cause Reason 6 'Failed to open MIDI support library'

I have not had this issue but......I'm not on HD, just PT9 and sometimes reason is just not in my pluginns list (but should be and really is). I find that if I close pro tools, open reason in stand alone mode, close it , reopen pro tools....there it is. This happened just the other day when I opened a session that used reason 6.