Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 AM

Default Access Violation when consolidating audio

Hello.

I'm experiencing this problem on my 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz (OSX 10.4.11), Pro Tools 7.4 cs4, using an MBox2 MICRO.

Whenever I try to consolidate audio, the message "Could not complete the Consolidation Selection command because An access violation has occurred" flashed up for a split second then the application crashes and closes itself down...

I have done the typical troubleshooting...such as deleting volume folder/database folder..repairing disk permissions etc... and still the issue persists.

So far it seems only to happen when I use the MICRO, as it doesn't seem to happen when I'm working on my 002.
I have also just started using a Novation Nocturn with Automap, which might possibly be a factor in the problem, although I can't see why this would be.

Please help/advise,

Sash.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: Access Violation when consolidating audio

What type of drive are you using for your audio files? Do you have read/write permissions for the audio files?

If you do a 'Save Copy In' and copy all media to a different location, then open the newly created session and test with that - does the same problem occur?

Are all your plug-ins up to date?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Hello.

I've already tried the "Save Session Copy In" (the session was in my Documents folder originally and then I replaced the session direct into the HD folder....usually I have my sessions on an external hard drive, but "on the go" with the MICRO I have to work without an external hard drive).

I have also previously checked the permissions for the session folder and its contents and it is all set to "read and write"....

I believe all my plugins are up to date.

I have just found out that this problem occurs with my 002 now also... I'm starting to think it may actually have something to do with the Novation (and its Automap feature), as whenever I open up a Sonnox RTAS plugin Pro Tools also automatically closes....?? (A new problem).

Help?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Avid

Try removing all plug-ins from your plug-ins folder, trash preferences and test the consolidate again.

If it works, you'll know it's a plug-in issue and you'll need to determine which plug-in is causing the problem.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Hello again...thanks for the advise.

After a few hours of removing plugs one by one and trying the consolidate audio command, I've realised the issue (worth noting for any Novation Nocturn/Automap users out there).

Basically it comes down to Automap confusing Pro Tools in certain instances (I've yet to have this clarified by Novation though).

For some unknown reason all of my SoundToys Plugs, my Sonnox Dynamics (not the rest of the Sonnox bundle though) and the Pro Tools own Invert-Duplicate Plug do not function when wrapped by the Automap Server.

The problems I've incurred when the above plugs are Automapped are:

1. SoundToys plugs simply not appearing in my Insert List in a session....
2. Sonnox Dynamics crashing Pro Tools when opened...
3. Pro Tools Consolidate Audio command closes the session. (I now understand that the Consolidate Audio Command is driven by the Invert Duplication plug....something I wasn't aware of initially).

Currently I have deselected these plugs from the Automap server and now all works fine (so far)..............
Old 05-23-2009, 07:16 AM

A problem I had with the Novation Nocturn was NONE of my PSP plug-ins opened, the top gray bar was showing, but the actual plug-in (the area with the knobs etc below the top bar) was missing. I had a couple of emails back and forth with Novation but then I suppose they couldn't figure it out so they stopped emailing me....

Other plug-ins worked with Nocturn. But there are not a lot of knobs on the Nocturn, so you have to do a lot of page swapping. I bought the thing so I could stop concentrating on watching if the mouse was actually turning the knobs. I thought it would be nice to get back to being able to closing my eyes and listen while I was making adjustments. That doesn't really happen with Nocturn though, you have to keep making sure you're on the correct Nocturn knob on the correct page. It's actually easier just doing it with the mouse. Maybe when touch sensitive screens are around were you can turn a dial with your fingers on a screen. Whatever…. Computer recording rocks, but there's defiantly a missing link, that used to be so much easier when you could just reach for a dedicated knob.

I guess if I'd played with it longer I might have started liking Nocturn more, but the PSP problem pissed me off (I have their Eqs, Vintage Warmer, Xenon and a couple of others), and I ended up taking Nocturn back.