Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 07:05 PM

Default this may be a really stupid question but.....

ok i just bought the digi001/protools le set up. running it on my g4. i installed the asio driver from the steinberg website so i could play reason through my digi001. ok my question is.... is all my sound i play and record now going through the sound card that came with the digi001? how do i check to see if everything i do in pro tools and reason is coming from the sound card that come with the digi001? i just want to make sure that i'm not using sound manager at all anymore. any info? please help thank you!
by the way.... right now i'm using head phone to monitor everything i do both in reason and pro tools le. my headphones ARE pluged into the digi001 headphone jack.
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2001, 10:24 PM

Default Re: this may be a really stupid question but.....

I'm not sure about reason, but with PT LE, everything you do will definitely be using the DIGI001.

As far as using ASIO, I'm pretty sure you can't use PT LE while ASIO is being used.

Can't you use DirectConnect with Reason so that all your output comes through on a PTLE Auxillary channel, and then route the OMS stuff to trigger Reason?

That way, PTLE will sync reason, and you'll here the output inside PTLE.

I do this with MAX/MSP. Should work the same for reason right?

With MAX/MSP, I placed the "MSP" plugin that came with it in the Digidesign Plugins folder, choose "DirectConnect" as the output in MAX/MSP, and then create a stereo Aux in PTLE, add the "MAX" direct connect plugin to an insert, click on it and choose the MAx/MSP channel that I want to use (it can use 16).

Now when I play in Max it comes out in PTLE. To record this, you just create an Audio track, then bus the Auxillary track to the audio track.

Works a treat.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:17 AM

if you dont have sound coming out of your Mac's speaker, and you dont have an audio cable coming out of the Mac's external audio port..then its impossible fro the sound to be from the Mac's native sound manager.
Im a little confused by your question.
Old 10-14-2001, 04:39 AM

(stupid questions are the ones you don't ask [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img])

6am eternal
Old 10-14-2001, 09:58 AM

Afaik, Reason is not Direct Connect compatible, so its output can only be routed through Apple's sound manager as long as ProTools is using the 001. Direct Connect is the only way for software synths to share the 001 with PT LE.
Old 10-14-2001, 10:40 PM

Oh.

Sorry about the DirectConnect rant.

It is possible to route Reason to the Digi isn't it?

I guess that is what all the fuss is about.