Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2002, 02:39 PM

Default HOW CAN DIGI DESIGN.......

CREATE SUCH A ****** ASS PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS.

It keeps on restarting on my XP machine. ITS NOT WINDOWS ITS PROTOOLS. Only does it in Protools so how can it be windows fualt.

Makes no since. I have a 1.3ghz 512megs of ram i think it can handle it just fine. ITS PROTOOLS CRAPPY ASS PROGRAM. Do they not relieze this crap and not fix it?

Chris
Old 08-05-2002, 02:50 PM

Default Re: HOW CAN DIGI DESIGN.......

I'm curious why you would put ****** for crappy and just write ASS??? Is crappy a worse word than ASS to you? I'm really glad that you wrote CRAPPY ASS in your closing statement...Otherwise it would have taken me quite a while to figure out what ****** meant. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

P.S. PTLE has NEVER crashed on my 98se system that was built to spec. I am a little nervous about switching to XP though...Seems like a lot of people are having issues. Is your system built to Digidesign's specs?

Quote:
CREATE SUCH A ****** ASS PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Quote:
ITS PROTOOLS CRAPPY ASS PROGRAM.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by APAULOS:
I'm curious why you would put ****** for crappy and just write ASS??? Is crappy a worse word than ASS to you? I'm really glad that you wrote CRAPPY ASS in your closing statement...Otherwise it would have taken me quite a while to figure out what ****** meant. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

P.S. PTLE has NEVER crashed on my 98se system that was built to spec. I am a little nervous about switching to XP though...Seems like a lot of people are having issues. Is your system built to Digidesign's specs?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">CREATE SUCH A ****** ASS PROGRAM FOR WINDOWS
Quote:
ITS PROTOOLS CRAPPY ASS PROGRAM.
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actualy I wrote S**TTY but that filter that out but now ASS? amazing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway 98 was but would still restart during\ playback.

I have a 1.3 Athlon and done everything digi said and what people told me to do.

I'm goin to build a new computer base on digi001 system under $700. but mine is pratically that already and is not very stable. i don't think this will help.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I'm goin to build a new computer base on digi001 system under $700. but mine is pratically that already and is not very stable. i don't think this will help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's ****** !!! Just had to try the auto-filter out for myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do you use waves or anything else protected by Pace on the same computer? I've heard that Pace anti-piracy has something to do with the SR's.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:05 PM

[quote]Originally posted by APAULOS:
Quote:
Do you use waves or anything else protected by Pace on the same computer? I've heard that Pace anti-piracy has something to do with the SR's.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't have anyother plugins other then what came with digi001. PACE is that USB device right? if so then no i don't have it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 03:09 PM

Pace also puts osme drivers on your HD. Pace is used by digidesign and waves for copy-protection among others.....

Bastiaan
Old 08-05-2002, 03:12 PM

It seems that I've underestimated Bastiaans sneakiness.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by APAULOS:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't have anyother plugins other then what came with digi001. PACE is that USB device right? if so then no i don't have it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually Pace is a company that makes Anti-piracy software for Digi Waves and many others...No USB required. Pace IS on your system if you are using a legal version of PT. The main drawback with Pace is that it only causes problems for registered users...Crackers seem to have no problems at all with it [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL messed up. Ok so what should i do? reinstal Pro-tools reformate computer? i'm going to search thanks for the help.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Ok so what should i do? reinstal Pro-tools reformate computer? i'm going to search thanks for the help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's probably your best bet for now. I've seen a lot of people have issues on the first install, then do a clean install of XP and PTLE and be fine. Hope it works for ya.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:21 PM

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] at Apoulos

I posted to your other thread to, but try to disable everything you dont need, and remove all the cards you dont really need. Then remove ptle from your system, and reinstall it. If it works well, the start adding all your stuff to the system. It could also be an idea to change the setting in the bios to get all the irq-assignments assigned again. Its calles something like "update escd" or something.

In my system everything was running on one irq, everything shared.....thats no good. I choose that option, and now its a bit spread out.

Bastiaan