Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 05:36 PM

Default Problems with OMF from FCP

Hello All,

I am preparing to do a sound edit for a feature film that I edited in Final Cut Pro 3 in OS X. I am exporting my sequence as an OMF, checking the box that says "include fades", then restarting in OS 9.2.2. I then open the OMF with the OMF tool, and I create a PT session. The choices are 'PT 3' and 'PT 4'. PT 4 has an error while converting, so I click PT 3, and it creates a PT session based on the original FCP sequence. I am using PT LE 5.2 with an MBox. For a test, I exported the sequence from the three-minute trailer for the film.

The problem is, when the session opens up, not only are there no fades or volume settings, but the timeline is messed up, with clips out of position/sync and repeats of the small sections of tracks that originally had fades. What am I doing wrong? As much of a problem that this is with a three-minute sequence, it would obviously be disastrous with a two-hour session. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks in advance.

- Ray Chung
[email protected]
Old 06-23-2002, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Problems with OMF from FCP

Okay...

So I exported another OMF fro te same sequence, but this time I did not check the "include crossfades", and when the PT session opened up, everything seemed to be in perfect sync. But again, no fades (obviously) and no volume changes as done in FCP 3. Meaning that I will have to redo all the fades and levels. Is this right, or am I missing something? I was under tyhe impression that you should at least be able to keep all the fades, as that would save me halfthe work of redoing everything. This is becoming a pain.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Avid

Go here:
http://kbase.info.apple.com/

Enter search words:
OMF Pro Tools Final Cut (no quotes)

See first document in the list.

Brent
Old 06-24-2002, 11:48 AM

Final cut export of OMF does not support the fades or the volume levels