How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 02-27-2021, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Half speed recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGraham View Post
It does the same thing to the audio, but it doesn't affect the source performance the same way.
Not true - it's exactly the same as 1/2 Speed Record.

Enable Varispeed on all your tracks, cut the tempo in half, record your audio, then set the tempo back to normal. Works perfectly for me and no clicks.

The tracks should all be set to tick-based for it to change the speed and pitch.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-27-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Not true - it's exactly the same as 1/2 Speed Record.

Enable Varispeed on all your tracks, cut the tempo in half, record your audio, then set the tempo back to normal. Works perfectly for me and no clicks.

The tracks should all be set to tick-based for it to change the speed and pitch.
Ah. Got it. Yes, that would have the same overall result.
There are circumstances where it won't yield exactly the same workflow - i.e. if you have tracks in your session that already depend on being in a different elastic mode - and it's WAY more steps than just hitting shift-command-spacebar, but it'll get it done as a comparatively cumbersome workaround.

Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though, that the shortcut method (shift-command-spacebar) used to be clean all the time and now we're seeing more and more people who wind up with clicks in their audio that way.
I've gotten the clicks too - only recently - but intermittently.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Wow ... can’t fathom WHY someone would spend actual time uploading something that useless .. youtube ... thats where you’ll find those ppl
Well geez...I hope you don't watch any of my Ewe Toobe videoz then...

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 02-27-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Well geez...I hope you don't watch any of my Ewe Toobe videoz then...
I mean people uploading Dolly Parton halfspeed and double speed and such hahaha Probably not what You do

Seen your website and it looks great

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-28-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You could record at regular speed and then use Elastic Audio to pitch the octave up
Haven't always been 100% happy with EA. I do use it sometimes, but I prefer Elastique Pitch V2 by zplane.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
There are circumstances where it won't yield exactly the same workflow - i.e. if you have tracks in your session that already depend on being in a different elastic mode - and it's WAY more steps than just hitting shift-command-spacebar, but it'll get it done as a comparatively cumbersome workaround.

Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though, that the shortcut method (shift-command-spacebar) used to be clean all the time and now we're seeing more and more people who wind up with clicks in their audio that way.
True, and it's too bad the half-speed record function was broken. I don't usually work with tracks in EA mode if I can help it so it's not too big a deal for me, but then I don't need to half-speed record that often either.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-28-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
True, and it's too bad the half-speed record function was broken. I don't usually work with tracks in EA mode if I can help it so it's not too big a deal for me, but then I don't need to half-speed record that often either.
I hear ya. I only enable Elastic Audio on tracks in a session if I absolutely have to.
Having EA tracks is still, to this day, one of the things that increases the frequency of crashes in my sessions.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I hear ya. I only enable Elastic Audio on tracks in a session if I absolutely have to.
Having EA tracks is still, to this day, one of the things that increases the frequency of crashes in my sessions.
Really? I try not to use EA because it hasn't always been reliable for me, but there are times when I have to. But I haven't traced crashes to EA. I'll be more careful now.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:29 PM

Can anyone say if this bug still persists in 2021.3.1?
Old 10-02-2021, 06:58 AM

Ok, aver several months, here is an answer from Avid support :

"
This issue has already been logged as a bug. Here's the bug number: PT-216588. There's no ETA when the issue will be fixed. For now, I'll close this case now but if you have any other concerns feel free to reply to this e-mail.
"
"
I don't think this bug is at the top of their list for bug fixes. I apologize but we have no ETA when the issue will be fixed.
"
"ETA means estimated time of arrival. It means that we have no specific date on when a fix will be released.
"
very sad !!!!!!!!!