Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Default Is is possible to change the shortcuts for the Pencil Tool, Grabber Tool, ETC?

My issue is that I'm sequencing on a MacBook laptop, and the pointer tool shortcuts (which are basically the most important ones) conflict with the F keys that I always use on my laptop, especially the mute volume / volume up or down ones. Not to mention that the F5-F10 aren't in a very accessible place given where your left hand usually is.

Is there any way to change the shortcuts to these tools? I would LOVE to be able to use different keys.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Is is possible to change the shortcuts for the Pencil Tool, Grabber Tool, ETC?

No, they can not be remapped.
You may want to look at an X keys system it's a set of keys that you can program to be just about anything you want.

I've been thinking of trying a programmable gaming keyboard but have yet try it.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-24-2013, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Is is possible to change the shortcuts for the Pencil Tool, Grabber Tool, ETC?

I think QuickKeys4 would help what you're trying to accomplish. I heard great things about this program, especially with Pro Tools.