Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 01-24-2000, 07:08 PM

Default Sync ptNT 5.0

Help!!!
In PT 4.26 etc.
I was able to use midi sync to sync with cakewalk 9.00 for midi...
Now when I try the same process the midi does not sync appropriately....Is there something going on???? I like 5.0 it works well except for the sync...
I am using an 8portse going from PTNT out through the 8th port and in thur the 8th as always now it doesnt want to work ... Help
Old 02-07-2000, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Sync ptNT 5.0

I can't sync my PT/NT to Cubase on another pc using MTC either. I am using a Winman 4x4s midi card. PT can send timecode successfully, but refuses to sync to an incoming stream.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Carl
Old 02-09-2000, 05:08 AM

I found a virtual midi port driver from soundforge to use it's called the virtual midi router and seems to work ok.. It glitches sometimes however it's an OK workaround....
I would like digi to address the Issue of this Sync problem since it was working in the versions of PTNT 4 but not IN 5.0
Digi Help is necessary....
Old 02-09-2000, 07:04 PM

Mabey they got a little over zelous when they were removing features from the rest of the product line..and just couldn't stop.

dfc
Old 02-10-2000, 10:58 AM
Avid

Skypolk - can you be more specific about the sync behavior you're seeing ? Is there drift ? Does it just freeze on a random basis ? Does it ever or has it ever worked correctly on NT 5.0 ? Thanks

Tom S.
Old 02-10-2000, 07:34 PM

Tom..Thanks for your response..
It has never worked on 5.0
When when trying to sync through my Music Quest 8portse the signal seems to go to cake walk but it plays at almost half speed continually.. I' tried to adjust the midi tempos to see if I could find and exact speed but with out success...the same sync-process worked well in 4.2.6 etc...so I know it works..If I use the same hardware setup and send a sync from say soundforge to Cake walk or the reverse everything works perfectlly fine it's only with 5.0 that I'm having a problem...
I tried to use the midi tracks in PT5.0 but the functionallity is not there yet.. Cakewalk has had a lot more development time with midi sequencing so it's much better for that purpose.... I'm using version 9.0 of Cakewalk if that matters I've tried earlier versions of it as well with the same sync problem..... Please let me know what you find....

If there's anyone else having this type of problem could you please give us your 2 cents worth it could help.. Thank You

Sly Polk

------------------
Old 02-11-2000, 03:33 PM
Avid

Shypolk - I know you've been in communication
with Mark about this and we're continuing to
test on it. So far with an empty PT session and an empty CW session, using a MIDI Man 4X4
we have the two syncing fine. When we add audio and MIDI data to the sessions, it works briefly then crashes. We think this is because of a Ram shortage on this platform. We can run MTC out of the PT app to a MIDI sequence on a mac and it's solid.

We will continue testing on the platform and on an IntelliStation and see what happens with a smaller sequence and one audio track. I just received word from Mark that it's working so far and holding sync. We'll get back to you. Thanks.

Tom S.
Old 02-16-2000, 07:07 AM

Do you know of any problems syncing PT5 with Cubase running on another PC ?. Can't get this to work. I am using a Midiman 4x4s on the PT system
Old 02-19-2000, 12:42 AM

I found and re-installed cakewalk 8 to see if there were a difference between the cw8 and cw9 as far as the sync was concerned it's the same.. dragging... no positive response. Like I said before I can sync with soundforge and cakewalk through the 8portse fine the only problem is using the sync from PTNT 5.0...Please keep up the research..
Old 02-23-2000, 04:34 PM

Hey Slypolk,

I'm using a similar system and having similar problems. Let's talk. I tried to EMAIL you, but couldn't get through. Email me at [[email protected]] and cc: [[email protected]]. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Later . . .