Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-25-2023, 02:51 AM

Default Pro Tools Intro: can't show EZdrummer and EZbass instrument at same time

Hi,

I'm new to both Pro Tools (starting now with Intro, will be upgrading later after learning the software). Have experience with other DAW's.

I want to use UZdrummer 3 and EZbass 3 for creating basic tracks. According to the very good tutorial videos by @Shootie School on Youtube, I should be able to drag my bass midi in EZB to bandmate in EZD. In his videos, both virtual instruments are shown and you can simply drag & drop.

My issue: only one VI shows at once. When I click on EZD (insert), that window will show. When I click on EZB, it will replace the EZD instrument. So I can't drag and drop midi from one instrument to the other.

Any advice on how to show multiple VI's? Is it a setting or due to the PT Intro version I'm using?

Tnx!
Old 02-25-2023, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro: can't show EZdrummer and EZbass instrument at same time

Hi, welcome to the community.

Click on the target button on the plugin window, by default next plugin opens to the same window.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro: can't show EZdrummer and EZbass instrument at same time

To further Janne's reply, the target button is the red one at the top right of the plugin window.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 02-25-2023, 06:48 AM

That solved it! Tnx so much.

Jo
Old 02-25-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
To further Janne's reply, the target button is the red one at the top right of the plugin window.

Joel
found it already through trial and error
Old 02-25-2023, 06:59 AM

If you hold down the Shift key and click on the desired plug-in slot on the track, the window will open with target off.

A bit of an easier way to turn off target mode.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:21 AM

Ha! Nice. I've been a PT user for decades, and have learned something new today. lol

Thanks!

randevickagency.com