Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Dev > Pro Tools Scripting SDK Toolkit
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2023, 03:16 AM

Default Try Test The PTSLC_CPP

Hi all, can someone describe a bit more how to use the sdk ?

1: With the Cpp build

It seems I've built correctly the PTSLC_CPP.framework located inside the install folder following the python3 script -> running this command: python3 build_cpp_ptsl_sdk.py ptsl.client.cpp Debug

Then a new folder install was created: PTSL_SDK_CPP/install/Debug/PTSLC_CPP/PTSLC_CPP.framework/PTSLC_CPP and others files headers, Resources, Versions.

Ok then... I've created a new command line Xcode project just for testing...

I've add the PTSLC_CPP.framework ... but I've not found any way to include it in the main.cpp code...

2 With the gRPC proto stuff... What should I do for also test it ? I have no clue what to do with gRPC...

I someone has already a dummy javascript project example ? or any example project ... I think I'm close but I really cannot handle the inclusion or link the SDK files to any project.

Thanks for any help and advices.
Lo.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: Try Test The PTSLC_CPP

Greetings Lo,

I think you should try out the example command line app included with the sdk. It's called ptslcmd. It should provide the missing context you're seeking.

In examples/ptslcmd/Source/ptslcmd.cpp you will find the main function of ptslcmd. Take a look there for an example of how to integrate the client library with your main.cpp code.

If you're familiar with cmake and would like an overview of how the app's project is put together take a look at examples/ptslcmd/CMakeLists.txt. Otherwise, you can configure and generate a platform specific project for Xcode [or Visual Studio] using the command below. This will allow you to browse the configuration via an IDE and see the ptslcmd code in context.

python3 setup/build_cpp_ptsl_sdk.py ptslcmd.sdk Debug

After running this command you'll find the generated Xcode project in the examples/ptslcmd/MacBuild subdirectory of the sdk.