Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 02-23-2023, 10:19 PM

Default "A/B Comparison Listening" switching between track groups with one click.

Hi!

The header is self explanatory, but I will reconstruct the question anyway.

How do I one-click-switch between groups of tracks (between two is enough), making one u-muted and the other muted automatically? Well, or one soloed and the other one un-soloed. Or in one or other way hearable and the other un-hearable.

I need this for an ultra fast switching to instantly detect a possible micro difference. So that not even a thought that might come up in between disturbs the comparison.

Thank you!
/W
Old 02-23-2023, 10:50 PM

Default Re: "A/B Comparison Listening" switching between track groups with one click.

Find a copy of Nugen A|B Assist plugin, used to be free you might need to prod them to put back on their web site. Was also provided by Avid with Pro Tools 11/12 users in the past.

Lots of other choices out there as well.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:11 AM

Default Re: "A/B Comparison Listening" switching between track groups with one click.

Hi Darryl,

Thanx! Well, this is an option, yes. I will try it, even though I would prefer a simple group comparison as described

Greetings!
/DV
Old 02-24-2023, 01:35 AM

Default "A/B Comparison Listening" switching between track groups with one click.

Create groups of the tracks you want to alternate between and then change your solo behaviour to X-OR Cancels Previous Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2023, 08:09 AM

Default Re: "A/B Comparison Listening" switching between track groups with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Create groups of the tracks you want to alternate between and then change your solo behaviour to X-OR Cancels Previous Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the simple way.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:12 AM

In addition to above, create VCA’s with these groups and you have easy accessible tracks for soloing, muting, etc etc
Old 02-24-2023, 12:33 PM

This is on spot! Thanx a lot, guys.

25 years of using PT, still learning basic stuff at times...