Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 02-18-2023, 06:29 PM

Default mbox studio headphones output not in stereo?

I can't figure out why if I'm listening to a stereo or ambisonic recording off of my computer, it all comes out sounding mono from the mbox studio outputs. Anyone encounter this problem, and know how to fix it?
Old 02-19-2023, 02:13 PM

Default Re: mbox studio headphones output not in stereo?

Assume you mean ONLY the headphone outputs? Start by checking this setting in MBOX Control by clicking on the little gear in the upper right corner(see screen shot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MboxHPouts.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-24-2023, 02:24 AM
Avid

Cool Re: mbox studio headphones output not in stereo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeezo View Post
I can't figure out why if I'm listening to a stereo or ambisonic recording off of my computer, it all comes out sounding mono from the mbox studio outputs. Anyone encounter this problem, and know how to fix it?
Make sure the Internal software input pair (middle row of faders) feeding the headphones are panned left and right. You can check this by clicking on the output tile for the headphone output you’re using (bottom row). You can also turn on the “Group All Monitor Outputs” option in the mix mode pane (top button to the right of the presets button). This will feed all the monitor outputs the same mix as Main. This is a good option when you’re in mixing or listening mode and don’t require separate cue mixes.

Cheers,
JW
Old 07-16-2023, 04:20 AM

Default Re: mbox studio headphones output not in stereo?

I had this same problem and spent hours trying to resolve...this worked - thank you JW