How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2023.3 is out

Can someone confirm if I'm the only one experiencing this:

PT 2023.3, Mac studio base model, Monterey 12.3

When I copy some text from say Finder and go to paste it anywhere in Pro Tools, say a Memory location title I see it pasted 3 times back to back. Both on Rosetta and Native. Very annoying if you label a lot of stuff.

What pushed me over the edge and back to the previous version was that for some reason keyboard shortcuts that I had setup for a few AudioSuite plugins no longer work.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Sounds very much like a bug. Definitely report this to avid if you already haven't. Bummer cause this version has a lot of promise, but is filled with these show-stopper issues.
The ADC bug sounds like a showstopper. I was hoping to test 2023.3 to see if the new Elastic Audio algorithm helps with multitrack drums, but might hold off until they have fixed the essentials...like things staying in time.

I wonder if they could divert some of their marketing budget to coding/testing?..mmm

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 03-30-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
2023.3 works wonderfully here on latest Ventura. All plugins updated.
Going to try Ventura 13.3... fingers crossed!
Old 03-30-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
The ADC bug sounds like a showstopper. I was hoping to test 2023.3 to see if the new Elastic Audio algorithm helps with multitrack drums, but might hold off until they have fixed the essentials...like things staying in time.

I wonder if they could divert some of their marketing budget to coding/testing?..mmm
I've reached out to them numerous times about helping with beta testing. It's a bit perplexing to me how some of these basic things slip through the cracks.
Old 04-05-2023, 06:55 AM

Same issue here, thick line across the middle of the waveform and virtually impossible to edit speech properly, the only way around I've found is to open PT using rosetta, then the centre line goes back to normal (thin).
Old 04-05-2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Smooth install but Still thick waveform center line. Can anybody confirm this is also happening to them. Makes it almost impossible to edit dialogue. slight breaths,mouth nosies are buried in the thick line. I really hope this is just on my end for some reason
thx

z
Same issue here, thick line across the middle of the waveform and virtually impossible to edit speech properly, the only way around I've found is to open PT using rosetta, then the centre line goes back to normal (thin).
Old 04-05-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
I've reached out to them numerous times about helping with beta testing. It's a bit perplexing to me how some of these basic things slip through the cracks.
That can be said about a lot of software these days. Either the beta testers don't really use this stuff in a real world scenario, or the developers don't listen to the beta testers. Probably somewhere in the middle.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:02 AM

Sonible just updated for silicon.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johansugarev View Post
Can someone confirm if I'm the only one experiencing this:

PT 2023.3, Mac studio base model, Monterey 12.3

When I copy some text from say Finder and go to paste it anywhere in Pro Tools, say a Memory location title I see it pasted 3 times back to back. Both on Rosetta and Native. Very annoying if you label a lot of stuff.

What pushed me over the edge and back to the previous version was that for some reason keyboard shortcuts that I had setup for a few AudioSuite plugins no longer work.

Just fyi, not seeing this on my rig (Mac Studio, Ventura 13.2.1, PT2023.3). Text copied from finder/textedit pastes without issue.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 04-05-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mixing Factory View Post

Are you sure you're not displaying the clip gain line? Shift-ctl-'-' toggles it, or "View"-> "Clip" -> "Clip Gain Line". If that's not it, please post a legible screen shot.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6