Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 04:42 PM

Default More Lightpipe!

I search the entire DUC and found nothing, so please be patient while I explain my dilemma.
I have a Yamaha 03D digital console w/ a Tascam interface card for my DA88/38s (DB25 connector)
that I'm now trying to connect to PTLE PCI card via ADAT lightpipe. I bought this Tascam converter
box that converts the DB25 to ADAT lightpipe. I have a DB25 pin cable going from the 03D to the
converter box then optical cables from the converter to the PT PCI card. I have all the connections
correct. Cables are good and everything is connected properly; however, I'm not receiving any
signal in PT from the optical inputs. I also have a BNC connector going from the console to the
converter box and configure PT to sync ADAT optical at 48khz. I also have the 03D set as the master
clock source. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but nothing seems to work. The only thing I see that may
present a problem is the fact that I have a DAT machine connected to the 03D via AES/EBU connection
and from the same DAT to the digi001 with SPDIF cables. The DAT is also set at 48Khz.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

RnR
Old 06-13-2002, 09:59 PM

Default Re: More Lightpipe!

Hi

Try going to the setup menu->hardware->other options and make sure optical output is set to ADAT.

Could be your prob.

Regards

Bill.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:44 AM

I feel the pain...

I often forget to either set my I/o's correctly, or then forget to record enable the track. Forgive me for being obvious, but sometimes I look, and there's my nose!
Old 06-14-2002, 03:48 AM

thought of something else - can you beg borrow or steal an adat out card for the 03D to make sure your interface box is working, or can you test it in some way?(like running it into an adat?) Oh, and just pull that Dat right out of your configuration, you could be making some wierd clock loop/lock.
Old 06-14-2002, 04:51 AM

Of the 2 ADAT ports, the one designated for output will be lit red.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:06 AM

Thanks guys, but I tried everything suggested and still nothing works. I think the next
thing to do is take the unit back and have the store test it for any defects.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:59 AM

Thanks for all you guys help I finally got it to work. After numerous trial and error, I made the 03D the clock master (that I tried b4 and didn't work) and got it working.

PS. I did an A/B test between the converters of the 03D and the Digi001 and boy! was I surprized at the difference. I now realized what you guys mean by the Digi001 has sh*ty converters. I don't think I will be using my 001 anymore.