Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Music Production Toolkit: Already Available?

Quote:
Also said there will be no discount for PT 7 users because its not considered an "upgrade" its more like an expansion/addition.
So what about this comment that Digidesign made before. I normally don't complain about Digi but this is just a joke because it doesn't seem like anyone there is trying to coordinate anything for this release. First they say upgrade pricing, now they have removed mention of it from their website and they had a release date only to push it back and not inform anyone. Don't say available soon if the product is 4 months out.

"Digidesign Music Production Toolkit will be soon available for $495. A special offer will be announced soon for recent Pro Tools 7 buyers."
Old 02-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Pro Tools 7 software (sold separately) is required. Customers who do not already own Pro Tools 7 will need to purchase an upgrade before installing the either Toolkit.

Product features, specifications, system requirements, and availability are subject to change without notice.

Now Digi is just getting plain greedy. They stated that it included Pro Tools LE 7 before and now they have removed that and added the above statement to the bottom. It should say, "we reserve the right to screw you when we feel like it."
Old 02-16-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Also said there will be no discount for PT 7 users because its not considered an "upgrade" its more like an expansion/addition.
So what about this comment that Digidesign made before. I normally don't complain about Digi but this is just a joke because it doesn't seem like anyone there is trying to coordinate anything for this release. First they say upgrade pricing, now they have removed mention of it from their website and they had a release date only to push it back and not inform anyone. Don't say available soon if the product is 4 months out.

"Digidesign Music Production Toolkit will be soon available for $495. A special offer will be announced soon for recent Pro Tools 7 buyers."

Politics 101----leak information out to gauge the magnitude of the response (positive/negative). Then you can make decisions accordingly. Politicians have been doing this for centuries....now we have marketers and salespeople to deal with. As long as we keep buying, they will keep selling.....whatever they can.
K8V-SE Deluxe 4G DDR400
Radeon 9200SE-128M
Maxt 80G; WD 200G
CG8 200G SATA
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM

????????

Every article I read from namm stated

Digidesign Music Production Toolkit Features:
Digidesign Hybrid synthesizer
TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb
Smack! LE compressor/limiter
SoundReplacer drum replacement tool
DINR LE intelligent noise reduction tool
Multi-track Beat Detective rhythm analysis and correction tool
Up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz
Pro Tools MP3 option
Included upgrade to Pro Tools 7.1 software

7.1 is now pulled from the bundle and they're pricing it the same 495.00?
So now this means 495.00 + 75.00 (PTLE 7 Upgrade) That's 570.00 now for the Music production toolkitt?

This is the first time I've seen something announced at NAMM change this drastically. I'm all for making a dollar but OUCH this one hurts.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:58 PM

Not offering a discount to loyal customers who purchase each upgrade as soon as it's out is one thing. Indicating in your initial product literature that a discount will be offered and then changing that policy after announcement is just wrong. I guess it's true that Digidesign listens to their customers. They heard that many or most of us were going to upgrade anyway so they decided no discount was indicated I suppose.

This chaps my ass a little bit and I have always been one that takes up for Digidesign when someone comes on here bashing. Like I said, while not my preference, no discount is fine, but not after you announce one will be available. Bad move.......
Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Not offering a discount to loyal customers who purchase each upgrade as soon as it's out is one thing. Indicating in your initial product literature that a discount will be offered and then changing that policy after announcement is just wrong. I guess it's true that Digidesign listens to their customers. They heard that many or most of us were going to upgrade anyway so they decided no discount was indicated I suppose.

This chaps my ass a little bit and I have always been one that takes up for Digidesign when someone comes on here bashing. Like I said, while not my preference, no discount is fine, but not after you announce one will be available. Bad move.......
Joe,

I agree and probably many others also. The one and only question in my mind, and of course in digi's is how many people will stand up and not purchase, and how many will continue to support these tactics. My guess is that enough people will still purchase...and DIGI knows it.
K8V-SE Deluxe 4G DDR400
Radeon 9200SE-128M
Maxt 80G; WD 200G
CG8 200G SATA
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
The one and only question in my mind, and of course in digi's is how many people will stand up and not purchase, and how many will continue to support these tactics. My guess is that enough people will still purchase...and DIGI knows it.
Yep, and therein lies the problem. I can say for sure that I for one will NOT be buying this upgrade. I've already got Smack and DINR, and the MP3 option would only be another $20. Yeah I'd like to have 48 tracks and TL Space, but I can live without them for $500.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 AM

Quote:
????????

Every article I read from namm stated

Digidesign Music Production Toolkit Features:
Digidesign Hybrid synthesizer
TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb
Smack! LE compressor/limiter
SoundReplacer drum replacement tool
DINR LE intelligent noise reduction tool
Multi-track Beat Detective rhythm analysis and correction tool
Up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz
Pro Tools MP3 option
Included upgrade to Pro Tools 7.1 software

7.1 is now pulled from the bundle and they're pricing it the same 495.00?
So now this means 495.00 + 75.00 (PTLE 7 Upgrade) That's 570.00 now for the Music production toolkitt?

This is the first time I've seen something announced at NAMM change this drastically. I'm all for making a dollar but OUCH this one hurts.

WHERE does it say that they are charging $75 for 7.1 upgrade? What they ARE saying is that included in the Music Production Toolkit is the upgrade to 7.1 (from 7.0). The 7.0 Upgrade is the one that costs $75.

I can't believe you people and your complaining! First its whining about not having more tracks and offering to pay extra if Digi would provide them as an option. Now they do just that and you moan about how expensive it it. C'mon, this is WHAT WE WANTED! Do you honestly think they're going to give this stuff to us for free?

I've got an idea....if you don't want to pay for the upgrades, then DON'T...but how about leaving it out of here so those of us who WANT the upgrades and are willing to pay for them can continue to improve our systems...

what's next? "Why can't I have a squillion tracks in my M-Box, Wahhh, Wahhhh, Wahhh
Old 02-17-2006, 08:09 AM

Hey; I didn't see upgrade to 7.1 still included in the add that was posted on the digi website yesterday; if it changed since then that's not my fault. I was simply responding to the fact that it was advertised at NAMM that the 7.1 upgrade was included as part of the bundle (which in my opinion is a fair deal; if it's like the 7.0 upgrade where you didn't need any previous version of PTLE)
Forgive me but all this is a bit evasive.
Apparently 7.1 is no longer included (correct me if i'm wrong) they did add to the bottom of the ad that you must have upgraded to 7.0 for both bundles. This wasn't what it read on anyones reports after NAMM nor on the sweetwater website in it's ad (if this has changed since yesterday; I stand corrected)

No whining or crying dude; the only one that seems to be doing that is YOU

If 7.1 is still part of the deal and no prior version is needed then I think it's a cool bundle for 495 for those that haven't purchased 7 already. For those that have purchased/upgraded to 7.0 there should definitley be a discount.

I'm undecided at this point. If they stick to releasing it the first week of March; No question I'm buying; if indeed the delay until May is true; I'll pass altogether. In the world of business "TOO MUCH TIME PASSED KILLS ALL DEALS".

Scratch has spoken!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 AM

FYI

Here's one of many reports from Namm that states this was what was advertised at NAMM (PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE BOLD; THANK YOU!)

Digidesign Introduces Digidesign Music Production Toolkit at The NAMM Show
New selection of tools for Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered systems
(January 19, 2006)
Digidesign today introduced the Digidesign Music Production Toolkit, an impressive selection of tools that can help easily expand the creative power of a Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered system. With the Music Production Toolkit, users can take advantage of an impressive collection of plug-ins and enhanced editing tools, increased track count, and the ability to easily export mixes as MP3 files. Whether you use Pro Tools systems for composing, editing, mixing, remixing, or all of the above, the Music Production Toolkit puts a wide range of capabilities easily within reach. The Music Production Toolkit will be showcased at the Digidesign booth #6606 (Hall A) during The NAMM Show.

The Music Production Toolkit includes a host of powerful plug-ins ideal for creating and producing music, including: Hybrid, a versatile high-definition synthesizer from Digidesign ’s new Advanced Instrument Research group; TL Space Native Edition , a pristine convolution reverb; Smack! LE, a professional compressor/limiter; SoundReplacer, a time-saving sound replacement tool; and DINR LE, an easy-to-use noise reduction plug-in.

With the Music Production Toolkit, users can also expand their Pro Tools sessions up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz for more complex mixes. In addition, the Music Production Toolkit features a multi-track version of Beat Detective, which allows users to perform automatic groove analysis and correction across multiple audio and MIDI tracks at the same time. This multi-track capability was previously available only with Pro Tools HD software. The Toolkit also provides the Pro Tools MP3 Option for exporting mixes as MP3 files. Finally, the Music Production Toolkit includes an upgrade to Pro Tools 7.1 software from any previous version of Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered software, giving users an easy way to experience the new creative power of Pro Tools .

With the Music Production Toolkit, Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered users can significantly expand their creative possibilities. Available soon, the MSRP of the Music Production Toolkit will be $495 US. Recent purchasers of Pro Tools 7 software updates may visit the Digidesign Web site for a special offer to be announced soon.

For more information, visit Digidesign ’s website at www.digidesign.com.

About Digidesign
Digidesign , a division of Avid Technology, Inc., is the world’s leading manufacturer of digital audio production systems and the winner of the 2001 Technical Grammy® Award and 2003 Academy Award® of Merit (Oscar® statuette) for the design, development, and implementation of the Pro Tools digital audio workstation. Digidesign provides the professional music, film, video, multimedia, and radio broadcast industries with tools for digital recording, MIDI sequencing, editing, signal processing, and surround mixing. Digidesign products are marketed in more than 40 countries worldwide through a distribution network of value-added dealers, distributors, and OEM relationships. M-Audio, a leading provider of digital audio and MIDI solutions for electronic musicians and audio professionals, is a business unit of Digidesign .

For more information, visit www.digidesign.com.