Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 PM

Default TL Mastermeter...AAX?? Only plug to log clipping

Wondering if we'll see AAX versions of TL Mastermeter. To my knowledge this is the only plugin out there which will log and allow you to export a list of where a track clips.
Mac OS 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10.3.10 (full install)
CPTK
Digidesign 002 Rack
5 x Mackie HR824
1 x Mackie HRS120
Blue Sky BMC
Mackie Control Universal
M-Audio Axiom 49
Old 10-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Avid 64-bit AAX Plug-ins for Pro Tools 11

Hi Bruce,

As a previous owner of a TDM version of Reverb One, am I supposed to be able to get an AAX version that will work with PT Native? It looks like I am (if I read the first post in this thread correctly).

How do I make that happen? My PT start up menu is asking for me to update my iLok to activate Reverb One. But I don't think the activation in on my list when I log in at AVID. Also, My TDM system is not on the computer I now use. I still have my TDM computer, buy am using PT Native 11 full-time now that many plugs have made the leap.

I'd be happy to uninstall Reverb One from my TDM rig if I could get it to work on my PT 11 rig...

Do I need to talk with someone? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Here's more info about my sit...

I received Reverb One as part of the Pro Tools HD Pack version 1. It came with an iLok that simply says HD on it. My iLok account does not show any installs on that iLok even though the pack came with:
Bruno/Reso
Classic Compressors (Bomb Factory)
d2 Focusrite
D-Fi
DPP-1
Maxim
Pitch Doctor by Wave Mechanics
Reverb One
Virus by Access

I'd really like to continue to use Reverb One.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiostuff View Post
Here's more info about my sit...

I received Reverb One as part of the Pro Tools HD Pack version 1. It came with an iLok that simply says HD on it. My iLok account does not show any installs on that iLok even though the pack came with:
Bruno/Reso
Classic Compressors (Bomb Factory)
d2 Focusrite
D-Fi
DPP-1
Maxim
Pitch Doctor by Wave Mechanics
Reverb One
Virus by Access

I'd really like to continue to use Reverb One.
Have you downloaded the latest iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com ?

Have you done the sync/repair of the HD iLok you list above? Click on the Known Issues link on the iLok.com home page for instructions.

After you do that, the licenses should show up on that iLok in your iLok License Manager if they were there before.

The iLok license for Reverb One has not changed, it should authorize any version of Reverb One. You would just need to download and install the AAX version of Reverb One from the link in the first post on this thread.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Just to say, I bought a Reverb One TDM licence off ebay, including licence transfer to my account. I'm a PT11 Vanilla and PT10+CPTK user.

Downloaded the V11 AAX installer for Reverb One and it works fine in both PT10 and PT11 native using the TDM licence.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Hi guys/gals,

If this has been answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it.

I have a TDM iLok authorization for the BF Classic Compressor Bundle v4 (includes only BF-2A and MC77), as well as a separate TDM authorization for BF-3A. I use the TDM versions at work (on an SC48), but have recently upgraded to PT11 at home. Can anyone tell me where I stand as far as my TDM authorizations unlocking AAX Native? (And if they work, what installer should I use for v4?)

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 PM

I tried using my old licenses, but the AAX plugin upgrades still wouldn't authorize. I put the licenses on mu iLok2. Should I have put them on my iLok1?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 AM

Miles, exactly which 'old' plugin licenses are you talking about?

Also, NS, Miles , go to this plugins page on the Avid site

http://www.avid.com/plugins

(not the older page you get if you go via support & services menu and type in aax plugins as a search)

Use the filters on the left to narrow the list (select Pro Tools 11 and AAX 64 Native)

When you find a plugin you have (old) licences for, e.g. classic compressors bundle, click on learn more. Once you get to that page, look towards the bottom and you'll see a link to the installer. The installers I've downloaded have all included Pro Tools 10 compatible AAX32 plugins as well as the Pro Tools 11 AAX64 plugins.

NS bear in mind that after installing the classic compressors bundle, you'll have some plugins that you don't have licenses for (based of what you listed ... eg Fairchild is part of the installer bundle). Just tell Pro Tools to move them to the unused plugins folder when it finds them on launching and tells you that it can't find a license for them. You'll be left with the ones you do have licenses for.

It's also worth searching the DUC for other relevant posts for some quirky installation requirements for specific plugins, depending on what licenses you have. In some cases, plugins are updated via the main Pro Tools installer, if it finds them in your plugins folder.

For example, people with Music/Complete Production Toolkits, and MBox/002/003 'Factory' bundles, had 'LE' licenses for some products. Eleven LE is a good example. Eleven LE has not been updated to AAX, but the LE license authorises the full Eleven AAX32/64 plugin. However, for Pro Tools to update the plugin to AAX, it has to find the full Eleven plugin already installed, not the Eleven LE plugin.

So you have to download and install the full Eleven RTAS Plugin (even though it will not work with the LE license) because the PT11 installer will then update it to AAX32 and AAX64, which the Eleven LE license will authorise in both PT10 and PT11.

There are a few plugins that people are still waiting for AAX32/64 versions of from Avid (TL Space is top of my list), but most of those that have not been declared 'end of line' (and will therefore not be ported to AAX) have now been updated.

Have fun checking out the plugins page to see what's available!
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Have you downloaded the latest iLok License Manager from www.ilok.com ?

Have you done the sync/repair of the HD iLok you list above? Click on the Known Issues link on the iLok.com home page for instructions.

After you do that, the licenses should show up on that iLok in your iLok License Manager if they were there before.

The iLok license for Reverb One has not changed, it should authorize any version of Reverb One. You would just need to download and install the AAX version of Reverb One from the link in the first post on this thread.
I had d'loaded the latest version of the iLok License Manager and done a clean install. The iLok shows up there with no licenses on it.

But it never occured to me to plug that HD iLok into this computer and try to open Reverb One. I did that a second ago and Reverb One opens and works fine. So, I'm at least that far...! I would, however, like to see the licenses on the iLok Manager and mover the Reverb One license to another iLok...

I'll take this up with iLok support. Thanks for your help!

PS: What would be REALLY great would be for you all to port over VIRUS...!! I imagine that probably won't happen, but just wanted to make that wish out loud. :)
Old 10-10-2013, 02:12 PM

Solved...!!

I was trying to find the sync/repair tab you mentioned on the iLok website. I opened the actual manager again and saw the tab.

When I hit the sync/repair, they all showed up.

Thanks very much Bruce!!