Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 12-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Avid

Exclamation Plug-in DLL is "not a valid Windows image"

This issue may come up when trying to install plug-ins on a VENUE D-Show system from a download. This only happens when the downloaded plug-in .ZIP files are decompressed with the Apple Archive Utility that comes with OS X Leopard (10.5.x).

This version of the Apple utility creates extra files which the VENUE D-Show software attempts to install as a separate plug-in and which produce the following error (here with SansAmp used as an example):

"The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\._SansAmp PSA-1.dpm is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Suggested workarounds:
  • de-compress using Stuffit Expander on Leopard
  • de-compress the files on a Windows system
By all accounts this used to work on Tiger, so you could also try to find a Mac running OS 10.4 as another alternative.

If the plug-ins are already installed they can also be manually uninstalled. Go to Options > Plug-ins and inspect the installed plug-in list in the right-hand column. Affected plug-ins will be listed twice. Click on each listing... one will display valid version info and the other will not. Right-click on the plug-in listing that has no version info and uninstall it.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Thumbs up Re: Plug-in DLL is "not a valid Windows image"

As I also installed all the updates and plug-ins from my mac, I too got this error message. I easily could get rid of this by just deleting all of the hidden files beginning with "._" as these files are created and used from the mac's os. I used the search string "._*" to find all of these files and just deleted all of them.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Plug-in DLL is "not a valid Windows image"

Thought I might add this to for mac users. To show the hidden files that start with "._" , type this in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

Then use this if you want to turn it off:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
Old 05-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Avid

Default Re: Plug-in DLL is "not a valid Windows image"

just so everyone knows, this issue is resolved in 2.8.1 or higher. D-Show now ignores the "._" files.

-Mike