Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2022, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Feature request section here vs AVID Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBové View Post
Hi Connorhawke, and thanks for asking.

I know that most people use Link for updating and installing, but I personally have been doing so from the Download Center for years and years now. No shade to Link, it's just my muscle memory.

Try downloading and installing from there. Go to your MyAvid account, login, and find the My Products page. On it is the link to the Download Center, followed by the link to Avid Link.

If that doesn't work, and you still see issues, hit me with a quick email at [email protected] and I'll get a support case created for you. There might be something on your system - like a remnant of a crash or a cache issue - that we could remote-in and clean up for you.

Thanks!
Hi Chris, as noted above, I already tried the downloadable installer:

Quote:
If I instead try to upgrade via the downloadable installer (AvidLink_22.7.1_win), a seemingly similar phenomenon occurs. When I double-tap on AvidLinkSetup.exe, it hangs for a bit (i.e. cursor has the loading circle icon next to it), goes to the User Account Control dialogue, which I press Yes on, then hangs some more, before the cursor returns to normal, and apparently nothing has happened. Avid Link is still on 2022.7.
Before I consider a remote-in, (1) would it be worth it to uninstall Avid Link entirely and then reinstall from scratch, or (2) are there specific instructions I can follow to try a cleanup myself? (I think either of these would be faster than waiting for a remote-in if it happens again.) Thanks.

Last edited by cmhawke; 08-08-2022 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:33 PM

Clicking on Avid Link in Windows ‘Programs and Features’ shows that Avid Link uses the unsafe ‘http’ prefix, instead of the safe ‘https’ prefix:

– Help link: http://www.avid.com/s...

(as shown in attached image)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid Link 'http' prefix.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 08-09-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorhawke View Post
Hi Chris, as noted above, I already tried the downloadable installer:
Before I consider a remote-in, (1) would it be worth it to uninstall Avid Link entirely and then reinstall from scratch, or (2) are there specific instructions I can follow to try a cleanup myself? (I think either of these would be faster than waiting for a remote-in if it happens again.) Thanks.
Uninstalled Avid Link and tried to install AvidLink_22.7.1_win from scratch, same issue; just hangs and does nothing.

Luckily the previous version (AvidLink_22.7.0_win) was still available at https://www.avid.com/products/avid-link

So my conclusion is there is something wrong with the actual installer for 22.7.1 on Windows 11.

On a positive note, reinstalling resolved the unrecognized local PC credentials issue, so I could re-enable express install.

However, can anyone explain this new oddity (screenshot attached): today (both before and after the Link reinstall) it says there's an update for PT to 2022.7, but that's the version I'm already on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (37) crop.jpg (8.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2022, 03:53 AM

Feature request area currently down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 11.52.59.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)