Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2022, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Different Arrangements - How To?

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
However, you could still bounce a starter arrangement that includes all the sections to a stereo track, split the sections (tab to transient if not to the grid) and employ shuffle mode.
That would enable you to switch the parts around on a separate "arrangement" track.
I tried the copy/paste method. It worked but it took a little time to set up (e.g. I had to bounce SD3 to stereo) and without markers, all the switching around made playing along a little awkward. The arrangement still isn't done so I'll try this playlist method.

The use case is I want to audition different arrangements until I find one that feels right and I really don't want to do this in another DAW if I can avoid it. I know this is niche.

Last edited by Raphaeld; 12-08-2022 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Different Arrangements - How To?

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
bounce a starter arrangement that includes all the sections to a stereo track, split the sections (tab to transient if not to the grid) and employ shuffle mode.
Just for completeness, this was the easiest way for me to decide on the right arrangement. I bounced drums, bass and keys to a stereo file and then loaded it into a reference track at the top of my edit window. I then cut up the sections and renamed them (e.g. verse 1, bridge, etc.). Then I made different playlists with the different arrangements until I found the one that I liked best.

Thanks again to the community for all the help.